Save 15% on Ostomysecrets with promo code SPRING

Don't Feel Guilty treating yourself

Hi Everyone!

Today I decided to treat myself. I have never in my life had Lobster. So tonight I made myself a lobster tail with tons of butter, fried zucchini with tons of butter and parmesan cheese, then red potatoes with .... yes tons of butter. To close it out I had a Magnum double carmel chocolate bar. Was it a heart attack on a plate, you bet. Did I feel guilty? NO!!!!! Did I feel good afterwards? YES!!!!!

So to all of my ostomy friends out there my advice for you tonight is that we have been thru a lot. Get something that you would feel guilty about that puts a huge smile on your face and feel good about it.

Have a great night.

JRo

68 replies. Join the discussion

Yum i love Lobster. Have not had it in years. I agree we need to pamper ourselves once in awhile and not feel quilty. Good for you JRO.

OH yeah, for me it is a warm brownie,hot fudge, ice cream and whip cream on top. Nuts too. Heaven! Althought the nuts need to be chewed chewed chewed. You are right though once in a while a good spoiling is called for. So glad you enjoyed your meal.

Yummy is right!! Hope you enjoyed..
Terri... why have you not had lobster in years?? Please.. give yourself that beautiful gift and have some.. It is one of the toughest shell fish to digest.. but if you chew..chew..and chew.. It will all get through!! I sometimes don't eat the tail.. If I'm having lobster with friends.. I'll swap my tail for their claw meat.. it's not as dense as the tail meat. Love it ..love..love it.. That's my treat to me, when I need one!!

Oh Cookie... That is so divine!! I had to partake in some the other night for my son's, partner's birthday dinner out! The waitress had the kitchen cut the brownie in three pieces so we each had our little triangle of the thick, gooey brownie with the hot fudge.. whip cream AND.. Tlyer also ordered a bit of the butterscotch swirl on it!! OMG... heaven!!! lol... Now there are some calories!!

I'm so glad you had your special meal, JRo. Made me hungry and I don't even like lobster. I hope you enjoyed ever bite. For me, it would be a big steak cooked to medium well with baked potato, lots of butter and sour cream, big salad with ranch dressing. I don't know if any of you have a Texas Roadhouse near you but they cook a killer steak.
Blessings,
Alan

This is a great discussion love my food! Im a Brit and love my Sunday roast (which I eat any day of the week) that is just about any roasting joint with loads of crispy roast potatoes, veg and gravy, of course whilst cooking a couple of beers go down well and of course some wine to wash the roast down with! Then again theres always a BBQ....Casseroles.... Seafood etc etc
Mike

Mare I have never cooked one myself and Lobster is so expensive when you eat out hence no lobster in years.

Terri.. I don't cook mine at home either...I have on several occassions..but I'd rather not. I'm sure your grocery stores, like mine in this area, will steam it for you.. then you just take it home and eat it! Plus.. you don't have to worry about making a mess when you eat it at home.. lol..
I will often get two or three at a time... Have some for a meal then save the rest to nibble on, or make a lobster boat sandwich.
Such a treat!! Our prices in the stores were down as low as 3.99 at on point.. They are now back up to $5.99/lb.

I agree.. it can be expensive.. but this spring with the excessive soft shell lobster.. even restaurants were doing twin lobsters for 19.99.. a steal at that price!!

Oh you guys are great!

Mare those Brownies sounds so delicious. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but love the taste of Butterscotch and Carmel. What is a Lobster Boat sandwich?

Mickey & Alan, love steaks ad yes we have a Texas Roadhouse here and it is one of my favorite places to go. I love a juicy Prime Rib. I just cannot get enough of their butter that they make, it has been a while but I think it is made with apple and cinnamon. Well and I love home made Ranch dressing. Could eat it with anything.

I love how the Lobster turned out and was quite surprised how it turned out with little work. All I needed to do was cut into the top of the Lobster pull out the meat and bake for exactly 19 minutes. and it processed thru my body quite well. Probably had something to do with the around 2 sticks of butter that was on my plate ; - ) I actually preferred this over making steak (which I love) but have a big fear of undercooking it, which in turn I over cook it. I actually do that with all of my meat, chicken, pork, steak. I always overcook it in fear of under cooking it.

OK so now you guy's know my big downfall. I love food. Love it and could talk about it nonstop. I love cooking, and looking at recipes. So just know you get me started you can't stop me, and I babble enough as it is ; - )

Just a side note I never do this but I was feeling so down that night. Had not met you guy's yet and was recovering from surgery when I turned on QVC and they were selling the Lobster along with these big shrimp, and I ordered it! I am glad I did now, it was so good, but you know what?, now that I got my taste of Lobster I want it every night! But I will hold myself back and stick with the oh so yummy (and cheap) Ramon Noodles ; )

Hope every one has a great night!

Always

JRo

A lobster boat is just lobster with mayonaise on a toasted hot dog bun.. or other roll.. Sometimes has shredded lettuce on it. maybe dill weed...
Glad it all went through ok... Sometimes it does not digest well.. so you must have chewed it enough!

Yes we so deserve to treat ourselves now & then without guilt! heehee Life is too short not to enjoy it after all right??!!

My fave indulgence is shrimp....any which way please!! lol Its hard for me to digest red meat so I eat very little. We love going to Logan's (its like Texas Roadhouse) so hubbs can have his steak, I get my shrimp, we share a salad...& they have the best dinner rolls (I always take a few home lol!). I enjoy a good meal but unfortunately I'm still having to watch what I eat so when out for dinner I eat little 'just in case'. I also discovered Miss Thang doesn't care much for alcohol! lol (she spits it right back out! ha!!)

While we're not big sweet eaters....Mare I must say those brownies sounded so good!! :)

Peggy

Hello all,
I'm a Brit too and also love food-----specially Sunday roast , but also most fish---yum!
Sadly I'm having to be SO careful now and eat little and often (advice from Cheltenham Hospital )---UK, after one of the worst bowel obstructions I've ever experienced. It was caused by adhesions from past surgery so nothing I could do. Boy, was I ill and it's taken 2 weeks to recover.
Do be careful everyone----eat what you love, enjoy the cooking, chew well, eat slowly and keep DRINKING-----not so much water but Isotonic drinks are apparently very good----also Dyorolite if you suffer with too much liquid output.
It replaces the vital salts you lose during liquid times.
Good luck to all of you and good eating!!
Love Jenny-----Cirencester, Gloucestershire, UK

I grew up in coastal Massachusetts and was practically weaned on lobster. Used to go to the docks and get one for just a dollar and cook it at home. We have lobsters in Florida, but they are like overgrown crayfish - no nice meaty claws. Nothing like a clambake steamed in a pit on the beach under seaweed with lobsters, steamer clams, and fresh picked corn on the cob!

Hugs from Marge

I'm so happy for you JRo12! This is a great post. Tonight I'm going to make chicken tacos.

Have a GREAT day!

This has been an upbeat discussion. I think it has touched everybody's taste buds. What fun to read the favorite food of everybody. We all have so many problems that we post about hoping for answers it's great to read a positive discussion once in awhile.
Blessings,
Alan

Alan, I salute you sir! I take it you got that hug from Marge that I requested earlier?

So JRo12 here is something kind of funny, sort of.... here in beautiful Albuquerque we have our International Balloon Fiesta going on right now. I've been doing this since I was a kid and have had fun meeting up with the famous "Balloonatic" Ben. What a great guy he is! Anyway, this is a huge event with 500-something balloons and crazy chase crews from all around the world. Apparently the grassy field here is equal to the size of 54 football fields. Imagine that. OK so I meant to say this, they have this long concession row with all types of food venders. There is a place there selling cheese burgers between a glazed donut for a bun. A GLAZED DONUT CHEEEEESE BURGER! I just can't bring myself to trying that out. What do you think - just ad a stick of butter and chow down, eh. LOL!!!

Big Daddy..
I say... "Try anything once!!" At least.. that's my motto!! lol
I would love to live on the ocean and just eat seafood everyday!!

Hey BigDaddy - that must be a beautiful experience to see all those balloons - and glad you met up with Balloonatic. That makes 2 Inspire meetings this week! Enjoy yourself! Yes, I hugged Alan several times to take care of all your requests! LOL

More hugs from Marge

I'll second that. Yes, she did. Several times.
Blessings,
Alan

Marge I meant to congratulate you and herb on your trip. And how special that is to meet up with such a great man, Alan. It's a big inspiration to us all indeed.

Mare, ok I will try one o them glazed donut cheeeeeese burgers because you said.... and I will report back. But I'm not going to try the deep fried snickers on a stick. Yes, there are those too. lol!

Both sound nasty, BigDaddy. I don't think I'd touch either one.
Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.
Blessings,
Alan

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Free Ostomy Samples

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Live with confidence

Image of ostomy brochures

Learn about ostomy, stoma care, selecting a pouching system, and more in ConvaTec's guides to living with confidence after ostomy surgery:

Great Comebacks on YouTube

Ostomy resources

Learn about a free resource for your ostomy needs

Great Comebacks e-mail newsletter

Community leaders