Can Exposure to Mold Cause Gastrointestinal Disorders?

My daughter has been diagnosed with Chronic Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction, however, I am also in a battle with the HOA where I rent, therefore, I was curious if anyone out there knows if exposure to mold (fungal exposure), can cause gastrointestinal disorders. The reason I ask is that my daughter did not seem to exhibit any symptoms until after we moved into this condo and there is something nasty going on in the master bathroom underneath the wallpaper (who in their right mind would put wallpaper in a shower area)? There is noticeable mildew up around the top of the shower enclosure and the walls are arched which indicates there is also damage elsewhere. My daughter was born with congenital heart defects which has always been a concern, but now I wonder if this hidden problem could be what has caused her to be so ill.

Kind Regards,
Tammy

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Oley Foundation

Help the Oley Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Oley Foundation

Discussion topics

Helpful links from the Oley Foundation

Community leaders