Tumor on Feet

So I'm just wondering what it feels like to have a tumor on your foot. I know I've heard that many people do. My tumors are mostly on my right side/affect mostly my right side. And I've been noticing lately that my right foot often feels kinda swolen. It seems like it bulges out more than the left one. It gets annoying when I'm wearing sneakers, and I have to take them off sometimes to give my foot air. Anyway, it's really not that bad, so even if I did have a tumor, it's probably pretty small and probably nothing would be done for it. I just am curious that maybe I do have one or if it could be something else??? So I'm just wondering what it feels like for those of you out there who have tumors on your feet.

18 replies. Join the discussion

Well...
I have several tumors (about 1/4 inch dia.) on both feet. They usually do not bother, but sometimes are annoying.
I had a few in pinch points (top/front of ankle) that became irritated and thus were removed.
I also had a grape size removed from the sole of each foot. Those were like walking on a squished grape.... more annoying then painful.
The lump on my right foot was in the center of the sole and formed a callus that would sometimes catch on carpeting (when barefoot).

My mother had one on her heel for a long long time...She just had it removed about a few years ago. I think it kinda got hard and flat.

HELLO TO YOU ALL

HAS ANYONE ON THIS BB EVER LOST A SON OR DAUGHTER TO NF. WE JUST LOST ARE SON WHO WAS MARRIED AND HAD TWO SONS TO. HE PAST AWAY FROM A BRAIN TUMOR ON THE SEVETH OF THIS MONTH. IT HAS BEEN A SHOCK TO ALL OF US. WE NEVER EVEN KNEW HE HAD ANYTHING WRONG WITH HIM. IF ANYONE HAS GONE THROUGH THE SAME THING. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT grandma19691@sbcglobal.net I THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLLESS YOU ALWAYS.

ROSE
GRANNY58

It sounds to me like you are having edema -- fluid accumulation.

Do you notice it more on the days you are on your feet longer?

I had one on my 4th toe, that made it hard to walk. The doc. did x-ray and sead it was the bone. but when he did sergery in jan. he did fined a tumor their, but it still hard to walk like it may be one up in my foot away from the toe.

I have a tumor on the top of my right foot which lately has been hurting more than normal. I also had 2 tumors removed from the side of my right foot years ago when the pain became unbearable. I really hope that I don't have to have any more operations because I just don't want to chance complications that have happened after past surgeries. Good luck to all.

granny58
My condolences to you and your family.
God Bless.

I guess I do notice it more when I walk on it a lot or when I'm tired. Also when I'm wearing tighter sneakers. Could be an edema - never heard of it before. I don't really know. I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

Well, I just had a large tumor on my foot removed Wednesday! I had it for 17 years! It's pretty bad it was 5 inches long at te highest point and about 4 inches wide at the widest point.. It was maybe about the size of a softball.. It completley deformed my second and third toe.. I had to have my third toe removed.. The doctor was able to save the other.. But walking with it sucked! I always had to buy wide shies like "skater" shoes, and still I had to walk on the side of my foot..
I'm extreemley glad I had it removed and cannot wait until I have it removed so I can walk again after 3 weeks! Hahaha
well if you m have ANY more questions feel free to email me and ask! I'm very open to any questions!! My email address is dtomli1tx@yahoo.com

Wow, I forgot I wrote this one, haha! I've seen the doc since and have figured out what the problem is... it's not a tumor, but it is because of a tumor... it's like the tumor is stopping the blood flow on it's return flow, so my foot feels odd/sowllenish because of that. I knew it couldn't be a tumor! And this actually makes sense. Odd though, anyone else have this?

very sorry to hear about your son. from what i read and heard it is very rare for nf to cause death.
but i remember when the flu was just a 24 to 72 hour thing. now we got swine flu and others that kill.

i knew a lady once with a daughter who had a brain tumor removed but i lost touch a long time ago. the child was about 8 at the time. both this lady's kids had nf and she did too.

i hope your family can find peace with this and everyone gets checked for nf now.

I do have tumors on my feet and the tumors are hard. They are different sizes. I have many very small ones on the sides if my feet. I have tumors on my body as well. I once knew of a lady who was covered with tumors. She passes away a few years ago...well in her 80s. My face is deformed because of these tumors. But my life goes on with The Lord leading me day by day.

Yes my feet get fat a times. So far little pain in my feet.

Last year the Dr found a tumor on my left adrenal gland. So they had to remove the tumor as well as the adrenal gland. So now I have just one adrenal gland.

I am TobiasLee-KS

i have one of the side and top of my ankle (i think it may just be fluid) and it is very painful to walk on especially if i been on it a while...

sometimes when my daughter is walking around, her foot goes to sleep. Right now, she just has cafe au laits, one large one on her thigh, 5 or 6 other smaller ones. I know feet fall asleep from sitting a certain way, or sleeping a certain way, but isn't it strange to happen while walking? It just started about 4 days ago, so haven't had it checked out yet. Good luck to all of you!
Dawn

I had three tumors removed from my feet. One was on my heel which was hard and felt like I was walking on sharp rocks the others were on the side and top of my left foot. The one on the heel was on the right foot. Now I have one on my fourth toe on the right foot and I am seeing a foot doctor on the 20th of August to see about getting it removed it is about as big as my toe but I dont know how deep it is.

my daughte has tumors on her R foot and up into her lower R leg. She does really good unless she bumps it and then she screams. Maybe you should have someone do an MRI of you foot to rule out a tumor down deep.

I have them on top of both feet, on the side of my feet, onmy toes . I had some of them remove afews yesr agao.
the ones I have on my right fooot if I been on my feet alot and my feet are swell there like huge.
if I had my ways I had them all taken off but I was told by a doctor years ago that come back. I had some come back 4 times that I had remove but there were not on my feet.

i have tumors on the
bottom of my right
foot and they are
bothering me so
much these past
few months. they
get caught up on
my bedding and
that wakes me up it
feels like i have 'ripped'
them off.
coco

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders