Tumor on bottom of foot

I have a tumor on the bottom of my foot. It has been there for a long time, but has never given me any problems. Until recentely, it has become very sore. I am planning on having it removed soon. I was wondering if anyone has ever had one removed from that area, and if it caused any problems for them afterwards...Thanks for any help and suggestions.

10 replies. Join the discussion

OH TES....
I have had a few removed from both feet...
A few were pea size and getting pinched by shoes.....
Those I had very few problems with healing.... (they were not on the sole)

I had one on each foot sole removed.. The left one was behind the little toe (marble/grape size and "squashed flat" It healed easily.
The lump on the right foot sole was nearly centered... again grape size and squashed....
Some stitched tore out... this made for a longer healing time... also made it HURT!!!!

PLEASE....
Consult a Podiatrist or Plastic Surgeon for advice,....

Good Luck....

Oops...
Should have said OH YES....

I do not know how to edit after posting ....
And spell check missed "TES" ...

I had one on my palm removed, the Doc. said it might grow back 2 years nothing.
I have 3 on 1 foot there is one in the inside arch and one at where the top of your shoe would hit then a huge one on my ankle that bugs the most
Good luck
Beth

I had one in the middle of the bottom of my foot I had removed in 1991 and it has not come back or has bothered me. it took almost fifteen years before a doctor would take it off. they were worried about infection and would not remove it. till I begged and pleaded with them. just do everything the doctor tells you so you dont get a infection the foot is so far away from the heart they worry about blood supply to the foot so stay off of it and keep it up. if you have to use crutches for a while do so as this will minimize your chance of infection. good luck

Hey, see if doctor pannel can remove it. He took one off of me back in 98 I think. It was in my arm pit on a nerve. It never came back. My mom might could recomend someone to you. Good luck to you.

suzanne

Thank you for each of your replies. It is on the sole, on my instep. It has never brother me before. I think it has grown some these last couple of years and I think I must have stepped on something because the skin has started to peel.
Blaster, It is about the size of a big grape. I never thought of that before, but now that you mention it, it does kinda look like one, if the color was the same...lol
Suzanne, Dr Culpepper is going to remove it, he works with Dr Pannell now. Dr Patten has taken a couple off me in past. He will be doing it in his office,and it will be next month before I can have it done, so maybe it will be healed by then.
I will have to talk to your mom, I want to see a plastic surgeon for some other ones that is brothering me.
Thanks again everyone.

I had a few removed off my feet on was on the bottom heel and another on the top one on the side and one on pinky toe. Since i had those removed had no problems but now i have one on the toe next to the pinky and am going in on wed to talk to a podiatrist to have it removed.

I've had a tumour removed from the bottom of my foot last year. And it hasn't caused any problems, it only caused me a little pain with walking for about 2 days. Bit it leaves a small pink scar which mine is still visible.

Were all of your foot tumors on the outside? Mine is inside on a main nerve in the foot so to keep it from getting squished every time I stepped down the doctor left it and cut a ligament instead. That allowed for my bones to separate some.

yes, mine is on the outside. It use to be small, but has grown over the years. It's at the point now it is really brothering me, especially if I wear closed in shoes. The skin is peeling on it and it is raw. I have several more that is peeping through now.
Again, Thank you all for your replies , advice and suggestions.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders