tumor in toe...yuck

Sounds so jacked up and yuck but i have a neurofibroma in my toe.. I cant see the tumor as it is growing inside the nerve. my foot dr found it via ultra sound. it feels like the tumor is underneth the toe nail and it hurts so bad when i wear shoes or when i brush it agnst something. im here at the foot dr now and we are planning surgery. yayyyy!! so if anyone else has a very sore nailbed there just may be a tumor growing inside that you cannot see.

12 replies. Join the discussion

my daughter had one on the side of her foot. it was squishy and really odd. was about the size of a gold ball. She had surgery to remove it but it appears they didnt get it all as it seems to be growing again.
Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well for you. Hope you can get back to wearing shoes, although bare foot is so much better!!

thank you. the dr sd he would do his best to get the entire tumor out. there is a chance that it grow back. if it does grow back and is painful again he mentioned going to a pain management dr and getting alcohol injections on the site where the tumor is growing. there is a thread on here about alcohol injections in the tumor. but anyway, i have had several tumors removed and so far im lucky that they havent grown back. best wishes for your daughter.

I had to have a lesion removed from my right toe #3 a couple of years ago. The pain was off the charts, just amputate it please type of pain. The podiatrist said he could remove the area, but he would have to remove the toe down to the joint under the nail. That did'nt sound right to me, so I went to my plastic surgeon for his opinion. He was able to remove the affected are without removing the nail and save my toe. I don't know how your toe is affected but if what your foot doc sounds extreme, I would see a plastic surgeon, they are familar with NF and the nerve area they affect. Hope your toe gets fixed soon!

i have about 3 on each foot they hurt. my daughter now has it where u cant c it but her foot is swallon like a balloon .

oh my goodness!! im so glad you got a 2nd opinon. the dr im seeing explained to me that he would cut the toe open and pull the tumor out and stich me back up. i may lose feeling in that toe, though. thank you for the heads up and advise!

Hi Froggy_ best wishes for you and your family... My dr mentioned alcohol injections at the nerve.... if your or your daughter's surgry is unsucessful then hopefully your dr will discuss that option with you.

Hi Froggy_ best wishes for you and your family... My dr mentioned alcohol injections at the nerve.... if your or your daughter's surgry is unsucessful then hopefully your dr will discuss that option with you.

I will be awake during the procedure but i wish the dr would allow me to sleep as im very anxious. my surgry is on 4mar. it is my right foot, second toe. maybe after surgry i can get a pedicure, lol!! at this point this toe is too painful even to the slightest touch.

Thank you. he is giving me something to relax me but im not sure what he ia giving me....i forgot.. thanks for sharing your experience. i will ask for valium if i cannot control anxiety during procedure.

Glomus Tumors in the fingertips which are also discussed here can also grow in the toes. As well as any where else.

Yep. i have big problems with my finger tips, too. Im schdle to see a hand dr right after my surgry. my fingertips are so sensitive, tingle and hurt so bad if i knock my finger on something. how are gluomos tumors in the fingers found? the tumor in my toe, not sure if it is a glomus was found via ultra sound.

CT Scan or MRI. I'll bet your tips are super sensitive to the cold too.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders