Red moles in scalp=hard to comb hair

Does anyone have (red) moles or bumps in the scalp and have trouble brushing or combing their hair?
Mine can start bleeding if I catch them the wrong way.

10 replies. Join the discussion

I have them all over my body. They start small and a couple have grown. I just burn them off with a cigarette if I can reach them. The one on my face came back tho. I just grow my pork chops over it.

I have them(Cherry Angiomas) in different places but not in my hair(yet). I had one on my back and had it removed because it burst. Insurance will cover the removal of them if they get large and keep on bleeding.

Wish I had known that before I decided to fix it myself. I asked my doc what they were and she didnt know. Makes me wonder... Why don't doctors seem to ever know anything? Not very reassuring.

I also have 4 of them one that really itches a lot scratch it all the time till it bleeds..

plastic surgery to remove ...

Yah... come to think of it, my other bumps dont itch but the red oned do. When they bleed, they bleed ALOT.

Read this
http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/cherry-angioma

At least it's not due to NF

Please do not burn them at all. I had one of those removed in my dermatologist's office and it only took a few minutes to do and left no scare at all. Do not even burn the nf bumps. That will only increase your pain, leaves more of a scar and you can get a staph infection because of the burn. Staph infections are very serious and hard to treat. I had a friend in college that burned herself and got a terrible staph infection and she couldn't beat it and died very young. Please don't burn them.

I also have them on my head the bumbs I went to a doctor because on became affected he said i f i had insurance he would remove it I did'nt so he told me not to brush my hair

Staph germs are everywhere. I'm a tattoo artist and I'm very familiar with infections and blood bourne pathogens. Staph can infect you from even a microscopic opening in the skin. We had a local outbreak of a super strain that people were getting from shared athletic equipment at local schools. Hospitals are positively CRAWLING with staph and are among the most common places to catch an infection. That being said, burning them is still not the best idea. Still, its no more dangerous than breathing or anything else. Propper care of any wound is key in lessening the likeleyhood of infection. As for lumps, only a moron would try to remove one themselves. I wouldnt even have a doctor cut into a fibroma, as cutting a tumor can increase the chances for abnormal and cancerous cell growth.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders