Random Throwing Up

Great topic but I was wondering if this could be because of NF. It seems so much is related to NF and there is alot of experience out there in this site that if it is related someone out here has had the same problem.

My daughter will be 5 in a few weeks (she has NF1) and as an infant she had colic, as a toddler she has what seems to be random fits of throwing up that as she ages gets worse. I can not say it is from any specific food. At one time I thought so but now it seems so random. Sometimes she can eat anything and then the next day the same thing will make her sick. She has no tumors that we are aware of. I just want to see if anyone else has this problem so I know if this is an issue I need to bring to the Dr now or if it can wait for her next check up.

Thanks in advance for answering.

3 replies. Join the discussion

I don't think you should wait till her next check up. I don't know if it is related to NF or not, but is she is throwing up to much, then she can do physical damage to her stomach....not to mention the emotion damage from being sick so often.

4Kate, My son also has random vomiting and the Drs. didn't think it was anything but of course I still worry about it.

my son greg throws up all the time. sometimes it s alot and some times it a quarter size. sometimes he is good for 2-3 weeks and then it starts again. The drs gave me reglin to give him, but I never know when it is going to happen. I don't want to give him meds if he doesn't need them. He has gone for scans and they all come out normal. bizzarr. Please e-mail us.
Lisa

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders