NF and the soles of the feet, fibromas on the feet

Just wondering anyone else's experience with fibromas on the soles of the feet, and the feet in general. I was told that there is another condition not connected to NF, that has fibromas on the ligament in the sole of the foot.
I have a few near this area, but not sure if it is causing the heel numbness or if it is caused by "plantar fibroma"
I want a few of the fibromas on the foot removed, they rub on sandals. The fibroma on the ligament of the foot, is more detailed surgery and one needs to be off the foot for 3 weeks.
Anyone with experience with this?

12 replies. Join the discussion

Yes... I have fibromas on my feet including the soles.
I had one on each foot sole removed because they were grape size and squashed flat. They developed a callus on the trailing edge that would catch on the carpeting thus could tear or crack open.

Hi Falon
I have a few fibromas on the soles of my feet too. Also between my toes and on the tops of my feet. I have a Morton's neuroma on a nerve between the bones inside my foot. Can be very painful. But not related to my NF1.

I have fibromas on the soles of my feet and between my toes. Right now the ones between the toes are small and I feel fortunate that the ones on the soles of my feet are actualy located on the arch which is quite high. Right now they don't interfer with walking but......

yes I actually have a lot of fibromas on my whol foot both feet, and i think that's why my feet hurt. I need to see a foot DR.

I have a few on my feet which cause me paid when i walk, so walking for to long is painful and when i rest my feet they really do ache. I have had them removed from the tops and bottom of both feet (one was very big) but they have grown back. I can now also feel one under some hard skin on my feet (its on the heel of my foot).

I have a few on my feet, mostly small ones on top of foot or between/beneath toes.

I had one large one on the sole of my foot, on the edge of my arch growing in towards the arch so I didn't feel it for the longest time. It grew on my foot while I was in a leg cast over the course of a couple months when was 9. Had it removed in high school, but they didn't get all of it & it eventually grew back. Still never really felt it for years, but in my mid 30s it began to get very calloused (from wearing chucks sans socks) & the skin on the edges began to crack, trying to remedy the callouses caused it to get inflamed & painful to walk on. So, I had it removed again. This time by a cosmetic podiatrist in Beverly Hills, referred by my regular doc, who knows about NF. Originally I was told it would be 4 weeks non weight bearing, but it wound up being closer to 2 months, as the growth was larger that the mri revealed. So glad I did it. As long as I massage the area regularly with lotion, you can barely even see the scar.

I still have a jelly bean sized nf on the underside of my big toe. same podiatrist said that one would be minimally invasive to remove, a half shoe & might not even need crutches, just a cane.

I have a few neurofibromas on my feet. Some on my toes & some on the bottoms of my feet. Fortunaely they are small & don't cause me any discomfort. But, they are getting bigger & I am getting more of them.

I have what I think are small maybe 5mm to 6mm. one on my left inside heel and another on the right foot near the mortons neuroma. It cased me to have heel pain and leg and hip and back because I am walking awkward to not be so painful. The podiatrist felt around and said he thinks he feels something and had me go have some custom insoles made. took about 3 weeks for pain in the heels to go away. I never had feet problems until this year.

Hi Cardship,
I've been waiting for someone to reply like yours. There is a condition not related to NF called Plantar fibromas. Small tumours in the ligament in the soles of the feet. sometimes on both feet, most times on one. Just wondering if NF people have a higher incidence of fibromas in the ligament of feet. Most everyone with NF1 will have dermal fibromas on most parts of the body, including the feet, but not the ligament of the foot.
Thanks for you posts

you bet! I gt re-checked in about 4 weeks. I'll have to ask my podiatrist about the Plantar fibromas.
Best of luck!
-K

I have two on the bottom of my foot and it hurts alot, i can feel it pop and move around...and then i have one thats a softer one and its not as bad.

Hi Falon,
I have tumors on the sole of my right foot. They are clustered together and of course they hurt. Hopefully one day I will be able to have them removed. Yours truly, coco

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders