NF & Hysterectomy

I have nf 1 and just found out i have polycystic overian syndrom. The doctor is talking about doing a Hysterectomy. PArt in due to the fact that hormones make my tumors grow, and every month I have more andmore issue during that time of the month....Anyone ever had anythig simular?

Edited July 25, 2009 at 12:29 am

5 replies. Join the discussion

i have nf2. i had a hsytorectomy at age 24 because of cervical cancer. docs never mentioned it affecting the nf.

I had a hysterectomy at age 28 due to endometriosis and ovarian cysts. I didn't know I had NF at that time. But, now i wonder??? because I had my left ovary removed when I was 27 due to a mass. I think the pathology would have shown the nf??

I had a hysterectomy done at age 36, my ovaries were left. My utereus was the size of a 4 month pregancy, nothing was ever said it was because of NF, but I can't help but think that it was.

I have NF1 and had a hysterectomy at the age of 34. I have 10 tumors removed, 3 the size of grapefruits! The doctor mentioned NF.

same boat, HUGE fibroids on my uterus. I didn't notice any more growths or any that got bigger. Three years after the uterus was removed, I had to have my ovaries taken, same reason, large fibroids formed. They were not NF related. I was 40 when I had my first surgery.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders