Headaches and forehead lump

I have had a new headache since before December. It was around then, that I felt a slight bump on my forehead. It is underneath the skin and feels like it is sitting on my bone. It is slightly palpable and will become sore if I feel it to much. Now almost 5-6 months later, I am getting more lumps on my head and the headaches are constant. I went to my neurologist and he is sending me for a MRI, but it isn't for another 5 weeks. Has anyone ever experienced this?

7 replies. Join the discussion

I have that on in my chest. I know i need to get those test done on me cause my doctor said i should get them when i went last month.

does your lump hurt that is on your chest? Yes, you should get an MRI if you have a lump that is causing you problems.

i have headaches all the time from dull to migrane-ish
hard to say which tumor is causing it (if thats what it is)
sorry your hurting :(

Thanks Stumpy. That's the frustrating part. I'm thinking either way, tumor or no tumor, I will have these headaches forever!! What do you take for yours?

i had a large lump on my forehead. This gave me headaches, so i had the tumor removed. I still get headaches, but not as bad.

Dear Lumpy,
My question is why is the doctor making you wait five weeks for the MRI? I would try to get to another dotor and see if you can't get the MRI earlier. I have lumps on my scalp and I also have migraines. My current doctor is taking care of my headaches. Thank goodness, my lumps on my head appears to be getting slightly bigger and more painful to the touch. I'm sorry for your pain. Good luck with everything.
Hugs, Coco

I'm glad your headaches improved Molliee. It would been nice for you to have them completely disappear, but I guess you take what is given.
Coco, I did phone my doctor a couple of days ago and explained that the pain is getting worse and the lumps are getting bigger. I go next week!! So good suggestion. Yeah!! Have you had a MRI for your head? If so, what did it show? What do you take for the pain?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders