foot Pain

I'M DEALING WITH PAIN IN MY LEFT TOE AND HURTS ALOT. DO ANY ONE HAVE THE SAME PROBELM? IF SO TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO ABOUT IT....

Edited October 10, 2010 at 1:17 am

15 replies. Join the discussion

Hi

I also have pain in my whole left foot. About 10 ys ago I was dignosed with arthritis. The pain is a lot worse this past yr but never thought it might be because of nf. I have had nf1 since birth and now I am 54. never dawned on me it could be associated with nf. Going to see my family physician on Tuesday for some test results and I will mention about the foot pain as |I am finding it very difficult to walk. Will ask her if it could have anything to do with my nf. Thank you so very much as it never occurred to me it could be an effect of nf. God bless

I have it in my right foot it starts at the ankel and goes down to toes to the point i was a walmart with my sons and i ended up on the floor i couldnt stand it some one whent and got me a wheel chair and i had to call some body to get us because i couldnt drive ive been to about 10 or so dr but no one knows whats going on sure wish i did so i can fix it

I see the neurologist today. I'll let you know what he says about my feet and the 2 nfs that are only 3-4mm that are causing me pain.

Hey Coco,
I have nf 1. I was the lucky one who inherited it from my dad as well. I have a sister and a brother but neither have nf. I haven't had any foot pain but the back of my thighs will hurt something horrible at times...it's usually a shooting pain. The only thing that will relieve the pain somewhat is a heating pad.

the pain goes to he knee too i want to thank eveybody for responsed to my question. i want to wear a cute lil heel, lol but that toe would not that happen

I'm so glad it's not just me! My feet hurt ALL of the time, from the ankle to the tips of my toes.....has anyone had a diagnosis? Other than being told you've got arthritis......I think they say that when they don't have a clue! God love 'em!

with my son he has a lot of neuropathic pain from his tumors. he has started neurontic to help with the daily pain he inquires, if your having chronic pain go to a pain management doctor that can help minimize the daily pain.

Yeah I did that and all I've ended up with is dihydrocodeine 30mg and an ulcer! I can't take anti-inflammatories anymore unfortunately.

Hi...I have NF 1, and I have horrible foot pain between my third and fourth toe on my left foot. I recently went to a podiatrist and found out it was coming from Morton's Neuroma. It was caused by too much pressure on my foot.

I have learned that anytime you have pain for any unexplained reason, you should assume it is NF related. And then be insistant with your doctor. Talk to your doctor about seeing a neurologist and getting an MRI.
I had awful, terrible pain in my left foot along the ankle and pinkie toe. And my doctor could not diagnosis anything. Ends up, I had NF tumors growing on my S1 nerve in my spine.
So, do a little research on your own. Go to the doctor with information. Don't assume the doctor knows. You know more about NF then the doctor does.
From now on, I will always assume pain is NF related.
Good Luck!!

Well... the simple answer is....
Place thumb on workbench, Strike with hammer, pain in toe magically disappears.

Seriously though...
Recently I had a sore foot & ankle. I hobbled around for over 6 weeks.
The Dr. said it is/was Plantar Fasciitis.
Mornings were Worst! followed by walking after having sat for a while.

I too have pain in my feet especially my right foot but also pain in my left leg especially the hip and the back of the knee also so some lower back pain. People tend to believe I am a hypochondriac they don't live in my body so they don't know.

I HAD pain in my left lower-leg to the foot a few years back. It was like a shooting, electrical pain some days and other days it felt like I was being poked with needles in the foot. I ignored it for as long as I could, but ultimately ended up visiting a neurologist who ordered an MRI and PET scan. The PET scan showed, very clearly, a pretty large MPNST. Well of course, I got it removed - but they ended up taking a lot of the nerve, rendering my left leg below the knee completely useless. I have no use and minimal feeling in my leg, below the knee. I now have to wear a brace on that leg due to the "foot drop".

I don't recommend waiting as long as I did to have that looked at by a doctor and insisting on a PET scan... Especially if you enjoy moving your foot.

The pain is bad I be up all night in tears. I we the foot doctor and he don't know what's wrong so I have to somebody else bcuz I can not take thank u everybody for helping and telll what to do and where tou all been very kind I got some one to take the time to hear me out or shud I say read it out lol god bless u all

My whole left ankle is swollen my doctor said its blood and it will go down. that was last month but it has got bigger. at first it didnt hurt but now It hurts when I walk so I have to go to the doctors again. Same here!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders