Financial help

How does one get assistance with mounds of medical bill I have piling up I have insurance but it's 80/20 I've very lucky and this is the first time since I was a kid that I've so many medical visits

7 replies. Join the discussion

I don't know about assistance but I can identify with the expenses. Not counting this year I've put out a bit over $15,000 over the last 3 years. I've got pretty good insurance but the deductables and co-pays really add up. This year hasn't bee too bad so far, only a bit over $1,000.
Mark

Here's a link to Patient Assist programs in Ohio. Although geared for medicines, these organizations might be able to direct you to those helping with medical bills.

http://www.needymeds.org/local_programs.taf?_function=list&state=oh

First contact the hospital. As for financial assitance. Sometimes they will wave a portion of the bill just by you asking.

Artie thank you I think this is my best way to go
Cami77 the Cleveland Clinic just got rid of the financial aid that I could get

Artie thank you I think this is my best way to go
Cami77 the Cleveland Clinic just got rid of the financial aid that I could get

Maybe you should look for a plan that has an out-of-pocket maximum for the year. My husband and I are seriously considering signing up for military deployment for him so that we can access the good health care benefits associated with it. The things we do for our children. (I have seven)

See my medical bil rant...
I just received a new bill from St. Joe's Hospital now, there is an additional $1,400.00 on it (6,100.00+ to 7,500.00) Biling could not explain the added charge to my wife yesterday.
Guess I will need to bring the vinegar jar along when I talk to them.
(I tried the honey jar)

I have been down the begging for mercy road, ... they make you feel like a DEADBEAT.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders