Does anyone have stomach problems

So I have Nf and about five years ago I started having stomach issues every time I eat I get really bad stomach pains and I have tried almost every medicine out they but nothing works. Is there anyone here that has the same problems?...

24 replies. Join the discussion

I have problems with my intestines. The stomach pain I have felt was from that.

Have you been checked for acid reflux? I have it again.on medicine for it.Not sure though if it is related to NF,which I too have.

I have been checked for that and that's not it.

I am going through that right now. I am bloating by the end of the day. I wake up pretty much okay but throughout the day i blow up like a balloon. Everything I eat hurts, and I get pain right under my ribs, it feels like I am having contractions. I have been tested for everything so far. I have had a hida scan .. normal.... i have had a enodoscopy .. normal... i have had sonogram of my ovaries... normal... i had a sono of all my organs... normal... no medicine helps nothing. I am just now trying to cut the gluten out of my diet. No Doctors can find out what is wrong. I am also going to see a NF doctor to see if maybe he can tell me what is wrong. I am so frustrated and stressed out. I just want answers. I do not like the bloating. By the end of the day my bra is tight and my clothes. I feel like my feet swell and my hands and my stomach def does. How about you.. what kind of symptoms are you having.?

The part about every time I eat it hurts, yea it feels like really bad cramps I don't know what contractions feel like but if they hurt like this I wouldn't want to have kids lol. The pain also feels like its comming from my ribs but also my side, I have been to many doctors and no one has found out why.

LOL contractions are like when your abdominal area tightens up and releases. But most of my pain is too under my ribs like right in the middle where the diaphram is. Have they done a Hida Scan on you yet? They just did that on me it came back normal but it is to test the function of your gallbladder. I wish I had answers because I hate it .. it is so uncomfortable.

cazzz, have they checked your gallbladder???

Oh, I just saw that they checked your gallbladder. Read it too fast.

Yup I just got a hida scan done on Wednesday got the results yesterday all normal. I know crazy right. :-)

Have you tried removing gluten from your diet for a couple weeks and seen how you feel could be gluten intolerance, have you been tested for Celiac disease? How about lactose intolerance?

I have changed my diet and have had the gallbladder checked still no solution...

My daughter has had chronic stomach pain since she had mono in high school. I think mono is hard on the organs but it didn't help that she used pain relievers (ibuprofen, acetaminophen) on an empty stomach frequently to control her fever/pain. She also drank a lot a caffeinated energy drinks. She also had a negative endo. It just showed the red irritated stomach, but no apparent cause. The gastroenterologist gave her a prescription that took the pain away but caused dizziness and nausea. I would think that regular taking of a long acting antacid would allow the stomach to heal. Stomach lining is sloughed regularly and you need to be eating plenty of protein so that you can replace that tissue. When my sister tried to be a vegetarian, she has a lot of cankers in her mouth and throat and probably lower. So avoid the irritants and get the proteins. Good Luck!

Try buying products that are sold over the counter, like products with fiber, and try eating a more well balances diet, (too much of some things isn't really good) I've had problems with my bowels, and stomach too, and usually its from eating to much of one good thing, balance it out, Ease up on the more spicy & greasy things, and too many raw veggies isn't good for your colon,(for me anyway too much green leafy vegs causes issues) NF also cause all kinds of medical issues in the stomach colon, and with intestines, deveticulitis, and IBS,......... When you do eventually get to see a doctor explain exactly where the pains are, and how often you get them,

mine was gluten,after not eating anything with gluten have lot less pain. also acid reflex on med.for that, also can't eat chocolate,nuts or popcorn because of diverticulitis good luck get checked for gluten intolerance

Laying on your right side after eating causes the acids to drain out of the stomach into the intestines and can ease the pain.

Have you tried Ranitidine 300mg. I have NF1 and stomach problems. Ranitidine helps me sometimes. My doctor gave me Ranitidine 300mg, I take it in the mornings.

my son has also been having these problems, we have had so many test ran, no celiac, no gallbladder problems, no allergic reactions to foods, the only thing that came back is he is constipated. I give him stool softner on friday nights seems to have helped he also takes rannitidine daily to help with possible reflux..

I personally have tried eating plain yoghurt 1cup with 1/2 cup of canned fruit. I used to have all kinds of issues with my intestines.Now, I feel much better. (its just a sugestion?)

i am the same way,except i was forced to have a hysterectomy due to a large tumor the size of a cantalope that was attatched to my organs and fallopian tubes along with my uterus 6 years ago. Now i have the same pains, bloating, frequent urinatition, and now severe rectale bleeding. I have heartburn ALL the time, even drinking water causes my acid reflux to react. I feel so alone, its nice to know that i'm not. Thank you all so much for sharing!!

I took my son to the dr yesterday because of his stomach cramps, she said she does not feel they related to cafe au lait and he is not constipated. The answer she had was colic and stress related, I can understand that what with my situation at home with my 14yr old with ADHD/ODD etc will still ask the hospital tho.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders