Cold food hurts stomach

When I eat cold food it sits in my stomach for several minutes and it gives me severe stomach pain and it even gives me a headache. I have NF1. Wondering if anyone else has this problem.

4 replies. Join the discussion

Hi,
That's actually pretty common. Cold food or really hot food can inflame the stomach lining. I don't have NF, but when I have indigestion or once when I had an ulcer, headache goes along with it. Not sure why, but some people are just wired that way. And vice-versa is true too, if I have a headache of any kind, not just migraine, I feel nauseated.
If this is recent it could be a sign that you're developing an ulcer. IAlso, 've always found it worse when my IBS flares up.
Best thing to do is just be gentle on your stomach for a while and see if it clears up. No really hot or cold foods and no raw foods (I can have the worst time with cold, raw carrot sticks!)

This happens to me too. But cold drink also makes my stomach hurt with a severe pain e.g Milk.

yes stomach hurt so bad i can't sleep or eat i just rubb my stomach a little a i goes away then when i stop it starts again

Are you chewing well? I are eating too fast or too much at one meal? I have this problem when I am really hungry then I need a Tums.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Neurofibromatosis Network

Help the Neurofibromatosis Network reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Neurofibromatosis Network

Discussion topics

Beauty Mark Nation

Beauty Mark Network

Resources from NF Network

Find an NF Walk Near You

Find an NF Walk Near You

Community leaders