Shijiazhuang Hospital

Shijiazhuang Kidney Hospital is the only hospital claiming successes in curing the polycystic kidney disease to a point that dialysis or kidney transplant is no longer needed. They use Osmotherapy and Stem cell transplant.
Is it possible to find any independent assessment of this claim? I can not find any information regarding this therapy anywhere else except this hospital.

38 replies. Join the discussion

Search this site. It has been discussed. It is a quack facility as far as I can tell.

ditto here.

It seems to be a real facility offering real treatments but at a large cost. My partner and I have just (yesterday) had stem cell treatment in NZ. It wasn't specifically for any kidney disease although my partner has moderate CKD probably caused by a large MI and the drugs used to maintain heart health since. The procedure went smoothly and we both feel well enough to walk, do household chores etc today. Obviously, it's too early to say what the results will be, if any, but we each had a good baseline of tests beforehand so we'll be ably to monitor these for improvements as well as the subjective experience. There is at least one doctor in Australia doing the same treatment. See http://stemcelltreatment.co.nz for the NZ doctor, http://www.macquariestemcells.com/ for the Australian doctor.

Just a word of caution. Employees of Shijiazhuang hospital have been known to make posts to this forum without revealing their true identity.

no matter the hospital is real or not. i think we should not assess it. If they can provide us some useful informaiton on our disease,i think it will be fine. Don't you think so?

Kaska, I have a stream of emails from one of the spruikers from this hospital. If you contact me I'll send on what I've got. Anything INDEPENDENT is hard to come by although there is a little available if you search very hard. Nearly all of the searches, though, just result in marketing from the hospital itself. Margaret

Hi,Margaret, any information about this hospital would help me to make a decision to go or not to go there for my PKD treatment.
So far almost all information I've got are negative. I am very confused and don't know what to do. All information provided by this hospital are too good to believe.

Hi,Kaska. i think you should make the decison by yourself because other people also did not receive treatment in the hospital. What they said just depends on their own thoughts.

The Chinese Government and they're stem cell researchers do not support this hospitals claims. That tells me all I need to know. It is a corporation making money out of sick, desperate, hopefull people.

Thanks Anekie for this statement - it tells me all I want to know.
I am looking for another hospital with similar stem cells treatment.

Kaska

Great research is being done in Australia at Monash University, Melbourne for kidney stem cell therapies. See http://www.med.monash.edu.au/miscl/research/renal-regeneration.html

There are at least two doctors in Australia now offering autologous adipose stem cell treatment, i.e. stem cells harvested from your own fat, treated and returned either via IV (most common) or directly injected (usually for joint problems). Dr Dan Bates at Lakeside Sports Medicine Centre in Melbourne and Dr Ralph Bright at Macquarie Stem Cells in Sydney. They are both reputable practitioners whom we found easy to talk to and knowledgeable about stem cell therapy in Australia. We looked seriously at going to Dr Bright but chose Dr Beulink in NZ as his clinic is close to family, David's cardiologist and the cost was less for us (NZD v AUD).

Check them out, you might be surprised at what is on your doorstep!

Kind regards
Margaret

Hi Kaska,
Dont belive this Shijiazhuang and stem cell treatment. Since I was gone there to treat my kidney failure. After that only we came to know that is not a genuine hospital. After completed their one month treatment, they charged more than $12000 for continuing the osmotherapy. I came from china at last december 2012, and still no effect. But we spend more than $50000 in that hospital for one month treatment (But in chat window, kidney experts told us the treatment cost between 30000 - 35000). Truly speaking they dont know about the kidney disease.

On a side note dont reply to the mail id that starts with kidney******@yahoo.com, kidney******@hotmail.com. Because that fake hospital using this kind of mail id.

sorry small typo it is december 2011, not 2012

Hi, marimuthu
Thanks, for valuable information. I definitely not going there for my treatment- who would like to spend over $50000 for nothing?

I have never been there but my sense is the hospital is a crook.

Simply by considering several things:
- they charge too much for the unknown hospital/business.
- their claim many good results but not even one search I did returns a positive result from an independent viewer/party.
- they spend too much time and effort to do the marketing. It reflects that they believe more in hype than the quality.
- any unknown business, wherever they are, understand that proof is needed to be able to sell, especially when you are talking about high margin. All they have is less than 5 testimonials. And the testimonials are not even convincing!
- you better try yourself to do some investigation, but what i got is that a no response/reply when i put them in the corner with loaded questions.
- the bottom line that is always true is that 'when it is too good to be true, it is a crook!'

my conclusion is: Stay away.

Hi Prince 1971, Thank you for this statement. I am definitely not going to this hospital after reading so many negative
opinions about this hospital. Take care.

The Australian website for stem cell treatment basically just says that they guarantee 100% that their treatment wont do any harm. It doesn't say that they guarantee even 1% that it will do good. All they are spruiking basically is treatment for arthritus. People wake up! This is a business!!!!! A business of 2 people, husband and wife, of very little consequence. There a a million ways to loose your money, don't be fooled. Where are their testimonials? Where is their evidence? Where is their published research? Do not be reckless in your desire for a cure. Face reality and deal with it.

You are quite right that everyone should do their due dilligence but a 100% guarantee that treatment won't do any harm is way better than you'll get from the conventional medical system and pill-pushers! Ask your Neph if he/she will you such a guarantee for the prescribed treatments that you take. Oh and are any of them even likely to IMPROVE your condition or simply manage the decline.

vanuatumarg
The prescribed treatments that I take have all had clinical trials and published results. Of course they cannot cure FSGS they never claim to, but they are proven to improve the rate of decline. I have managed to gain another 8 years before ESRD that I would not have attained without them. Do a bit of googling yourself and see how long people lived with renal diseases before these medicines were invented.
People are being sold false hope and it's sad. There is absolutely no proof that stem cell treatments and chinese medicines do any good and in the case of chinese herbs there is an abundance of proof that they can cause kidney failure.

I completely agree with Jacquim. The treatment of fsgs is far from perfect, but the increases of median time to esrd by ace inhibitors and arbs plus immunosuppressants is well documented. We all want better, but don't be fooled by snake oil salesmen.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders