Chronic Gastritis

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else with FSGS suffers from chronic gastritis? I was diagnosed last year after being hospitalized for dark stools and a low hemoglobin. The doctor performed an Endoscopy and discovered that there was erosive gastritis that had bleed. Since then I have been on protonix but the symptoms seem to be coming back. I suffer from a lot of nausea and now my hemoglobin is only 8.0. The doctor wants to scope me again and also neph wants to start EPO. Anyone else out there?? BTW I am on protonix and cellcept.

2 replies. Join the discussion

I actually have ulcerative colitis, which isnt the same but I do take medication for it. I had to take epogen shots every week because I felt so sick because my iron (as well as other elements in my blood) were at shock levels. Take the epogen shots. They worked wonders, I also had to get iron infusions by the way. It takes a little while for the hemoglobin to get there, but in the end it works out and all is better

Best wishes,
Amanda

I suffer from chronic gastritis. I am on aciphex for it and it helps. However, might want to ask you doctor for carafate. It inhibits pepsin in the stomach so I guess it keeps the pepsin from acting on the cells that are vunerable as a result of a lack of protective secretions. It works great for me. I take it once a day usually.

Drink milk, that seems to help too.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders