Bubbles In Urine

Hey, i have nephrotic syndrome and is going to stop taking prednisone. I was wondering, when you urine [in toilet bowls], do you see bubbles on top of it? I see that normal people has clear urine. So, do you people, on preds or without [remission] have bubbles in your urine.? Please please reply. Im worried its gonna relapse.

14 replies. Join the discussion

Only way to be sure is a blood and urine test. But my protein level is at around 1 with creatine level at .8 - I still have bubbles in my urine.

From what i hear when you are spiling protein the urine could look very foamy like beer. But it is totally normal to have bubbles in the toilet after you pee because of the impact into the toilet. The only way to tell is by doing the urine test in the morning. Are you testing yourself with the albustix?

I have bubbles everytime I go. If you pour water in the toilet, there are bubbles. When you spill protein, your urine will look foamy and does not dissapate as quickly as the bubbles.

Hey!

An urine test is the only way to know if the bubbles are caused by leakage of protein. Tell your nephrologist abou this. Also, look for other symptoms. Usually when I leak protein I feel faitgue, weakness and nausea. A 24 urine collection is more accurate for evaluation. If for some reason you are leaking protein, I suggest you to stick to a low protein diet. This is very important.

Hope all goes well for you. Have faith :)

The bubble that you see is the protein that you are spilling through your kidneys and is common for someone with FSGS and NS.

I tell people that I am very talented. I make pee bubbles. I think most of us with kidney issues do. I am on 100mg of prednisone (every other day) and I still spill protein( 3+ this morning) and make lots of bubbles.

There is a big difference between bubbles and foam.

Everybody gets bubbles when they go to the toilet but if they are tiny bubbles and they build on top of each other kinda like a rising tower or something then that is protein.

definitely get some albustix so you know if you are spilling protein. for me personally when my proteins are 1 or trace then there are no bubbles, when it is higher I see more bubbles. though sometimes it changes throughout the day.

no...... Im not talking about protein or what stuffs. Im on preds, protein - free. Responding good. Im just saying, is the bubbles [not protein] a sign of relapse. BEcause normal people, as i said, like my bro, no bubbles, maybe a little. Well, i think after all, its small bubbles, as RY said. Actually, i think its the preds. When I stopped taking preds, not so much bubbles.

O.K. let me get this straight, When you urinate and look in the toilet you have bubbles still floating right? When I urinate and and look after I am done there is nothing there. I notice that I urinate bubbles, when the urine hits the water but the dissapate when I am done there is just urine.

The farther the jet of urine is from the water, the more bubbles you make, even if you dont have NS. However, if the bubbles are foamy in appearance (like beer foam) and dont dissapate very fast, it is an indication there is more protein in your urine. Im not sure how much of a protein leak I have right now, but I do know that I can cover an inch or two of the toilet water with foam due to the protein leak.

I hope that helps.

yeah, i think as Lorrie said, it suppose to dissapear just right after u urinate. Thanks alot kewl for ur info.

I always check now. I think I will forever. Haha. But yeah you are right. Big bubbles that disappear after awhile are good. Small tiny bubbles like foam that remains and builds on top of each other. Bad.

Does anybody know how many MG you need to be spiling to generate that foamy urine? I wonder if it is 2mg or above?

I find this topic interesting because I never realized that the bubbles in my urine was abormal. When my doctor asked me if I had foamy urine I told him no.. oops. My protein was at 8.95 at my last test {a few weeks ago} and I have bubbles in my urine but not a huge amount. What concerns me is that I have noticed the same amount of bubbles in the toilet after our 7 year old daughter has used it. I don't have the test strips for protein but I am ordering them now.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders