Earlier this year I had an abdominal sonogram (to attempt to diagnose some pain I was having) which showed innumerable calcifications in my kidneys. My doctor sent me to a kidney specialist who told me not to worry, and I could still take calcium.
I've done some reading and discovered if one has calcifications in one organ, they probably are in all the organs (brain, etc.). I'm very unhappy that because of the high doses of calcium insisted upon by my doctors (which took no account of my very small size and diet relatively high in calcium), I now appear to have calcium buildup in my organs.
I now am taking a moderate dose of calcium recommended by my chiropractor (who is knowledgeable about nutrition as well). She tested me using kinesiology to find the appropriate dose.
Earlier this year I received an e-mail from a company from which I purchase alkaline products (green superfood, water booster) outlining a three-day program to rid the organs of calcium deposits. I am pasting it in to the bottom of this post.
I sent this program to the kidney specialist (a very traditional doctor) to ask his opinion. He said that he didn't think it would hurt me and he didn't think it would help.
I would love to hear from anyone with acid/alkaline knowledge and/or medical knowledge as to whether this program might be helpful in ridding the body of excess calcium deposits.
Thanks so much. Program is below.
We have developed a 3 Day "Green Your Body" Program to increase your energy, decrease your toxicity, all while shedding a few pounds along the way. Here's how it works...you're going to FLOOD your body with alkalizing greens, water and oxygen over a 3 day period and when you do, you're going to flush out a year's worth of built-up acids, calcification and toxins.
The items needed for this program are simple and easy:
1. 1 Water bottle (preferably 24 - 32 oz)
2. 1 Bottle of pHion Balance Green Superfood in powder format
3. 12 - 15 lemons
4. 3 - 5 gallons of water
5. A Desire To Be Healthier!
How And Where Acids Build Up In Your Body
The acids that build-up in your body are the "metabolic acids" like uric acid from meats, sulfuric acid from eggs, and phosphoric from sodas. The acids from fruits like citrus, as well and malic acid from apples do not get stored in your body, and actually help get rid of metabolic acids. Metabolic acids build up more and more when you are dehydrated and/or you do not keep your body fluids (lymph, intracellular, extracellular) constantly in an ALKALINE state.
When your body fluids become "saturated" with metabolic acids, excess acids get deposited or stored in your tissues, joints, organs, artery walls, etc. In order to temporarily neutralize them in your tissues, your body will deposit alkaline elements like sodium, calcium or magnesium on these acids. Here's how some of these acids get deposited in your body and eventually become "calcified" deposits:
When your body builds-up with these calcified acids, you may experience different health problems, such as fatigue, nerve disorders, joint problems, liver problems, kidney disorders, weight problems, etc.
Now let's touch on the various acids we are referencing...
Uric Acid. Uric acid from meats can only be broken down with an enzyme called uricase, but as humans we don't produce it, so it needs to be neutralized and flushed out of your body. It is also hard to eliminate via your kidneys, and requires a significant amount of water to do so. Excess uric acid deposits show-up as sodium urate along your arterial walls (hardening of the arteries), sodium urate in your joints (arthritis) or in your feet (gout). Eliminating these uric acid deposits requires a lot of WATER in your bodily fluids and blood. A diet containing two servings of meat a day and a lack of alkaline minerals and WATER can lead to over a tablespoon of uric acid salts getting stored in your body in just one year!
Carbonic Acid / Carbonate. Carbonate can form when your body is low in one of it's primary buffers: bicarbonate. When carbonic acid mixes with calcium, calcium carbonate is formed. Calcium carbonate can "calcify" your liver, pancreas, colon and kidneys. Ironically, the only way to dissolve these calcified deposits and "plaque" is with acid, but the right kind of acid: citric acid. Citric acid is converted in your body into carbonic acid (which you expel as CO2) and water. Carbonic acid can dissolve away built-up calcium carbonate, but it requires that you expel more CO2 than normal in order to do so. (We'll touch on how to do that later).
Phosphoric Acid. Phosphoric acids are found in soft drinks. When they gather, they can form stones (kidney, liver, gall bladder) as well as calcium deposits in your joints (arthritis). Your body uses calcium or magnesium to neutralize them, forming calcium phosphate, magnesium phosphate, etc.
The Only Way To Purge These Stored Acids Is To FLOOD Your Body!
Let's use an easy to understand example, if you didn't brush your teeth for a month plaque would build-up, right? That plaque is a mix of acids with alkaline elements that neutralize them. Since we can't brush our arteries, joints, organs, colon, etc, imagine how easy it is for them to get lined with plaque too. While you can't "brush away" stored acids in your body as fast as you can with a toothbrush, you CAN brush A LOT of them away if you follow this plan.
Here's another example of how to flush away acid "salts". Look at the picture below... as the water has receded, "salts" have formed. Once the tide comes in, the salts will be dissolved away. But the tide has to come in! Calcified acid salts form where there is no WATER...
OK, enough with the illustrations... let's get onto this exciting program. Choose a 3 day window, preferably Thursday through Sunday because your work distractions should be minimized. Each day, simply following these 10 steps throughout the day:
1. Upon waking, fill a 24 or 32 ounce water bottle, then add in 2 to 3 teaspoons of pHion Balance Green Superfood along with the juice of a whole lemon. You don't have to "chug" it down immediately, we suggest that you try to drink it over a 15 minute period. This surge of fluid acts like a tide in your body, flooding away all of the acids that are released by the dissolving action of the lemon juice. The alkaline elements in the pHion Balance Green Superfood will bind to these acids for elimination, while the chlorophyll will help you build more blood and increase circulation, and the fiber will help to brush away toxins and acids. The acidic CO2 from the lemon juice will be expelled while you breathe. Note: If you don't want to drink a whole liter of "green drink", then put 2 - 3 teaspoons in 8 ounces of water and drink that, then drink more water separately.
2. Once you're done drinking, do 15 minutes of deep breathing exercises. I know this may seem a bit unusual, but once you do this, and FEEL it, you'll see why it works! Simply breathe in deeply and exhale deeply. Also, do intermittent periods of holding your breath for 30 seconds, followed by a few deep breaths. You can do this while meditating, reading, or watching TV. It's very important to do, because it will allow your body to release the CO2 from the carbonic acid (from the lemons) at a faster rate, thus causing it to dissolve calcified deposits at a faster rate. Deep breathing also helps stimulate the lymph system to flush away acids from tissues. It's also good to stretch and bend over so that your head it as low as it can get...this helps get the "flood" to your brain so that you flush away acids faster.
3. For breakfast, eat some grapefruit, orange, an apple or other fresh fruit. This plan works best if you refrain from eating any acid-forming foods like meat /dairy, etc. If you stick to fresh fruits and veggies, salads, etc. it will be more effective.
4. Sometime between breakfast and lunch, make another green drink with pHion Balance Green Superfood, the juice of a lemon and 24 - 32 oz of water.
5. Once you're done drinking, do 15 minutes of deep breathing exercises.
6. For lunch, keep it fresh and light...salads, cold-pressed oils, etc.
7. Sometime between lunch and dinner, make another green drink with pHion Balance Green Superfood, the juice of a lemon and 24 - 32 oz of water.
8. Once you're done drinking, do 15 minutes of deep breathing exercises.
9. For dinner, keep it fresh and light again... salads, cold-pressed oils, etc.
10. Make sure you also eliminate any built up urine in your bladder before you go to bed to allow for plenty of room for the overnight gathering of toxins within your body.
Remember, the more you drink and breathe deeply, the MORE acids you'll flush out of your system! If you hit it hard, you can drink 2 gallons of water per day and literally purge out the built-up acid waste from months and months. You'll notice that you feel super energetic all day long and that will help keep you with the plan. If you feel hungry, do the breathing exercises and drink more, as it will help to curb your appetite.