microcrystalle hydroxyapatite calcium (mcha calcium)

i'm hearing calcium citrate w/ vit d and mag is a very absorable calcium..my question is has anyone take mcha calcium..bone calcium from grass fed free range cattle? its supposed to be a living clacium..bone building calcium...any comments? anyone familiar with Jordan Rubin?

8 replies. Join the discussion

Sounds like a promo to me. "A Living" calcium supplement? How might that be described? A living thing has the ability to reproduce itself. A living thing has nutritional needs. Whether it is a bacterium or a fish or an elephant or a person. I do not think something that comes in a bottle as a supplement fits this description.
Calcium citrate is a good form of calcium and combined with Vitamin D3 and magnesium serves as a useful form of supplementation. You can easily find it in the stores. No need for internet hype.
Lucy Buckley PT aka Mother Goose

there is so much out there for us consumers with regards to osteoporosis... it is mind boggling at times .. you hear a lot of good about MCHA being more bioavailable but it is confusing too????

Alli, what does bioavailable mean?

I have taken this type of calcium for three years, recommended by an alternative clinician. My last test results were worse than the ones three years ago so I don't know if the calcium is the answer. I never heard anything about it being "living" but it was supposed to be more easily digestible. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist in August. Hoping she will have some good recommendations.

meaning more digestable and more absorbable

I Have been taking Living Calcium Advanced with MCHA calcium for the past year. I had a Reclast infusion last August. My doctor told me that it might take 3 years worth of reclast for it to work, but I just had another bone density test. It showed that my bones are getting denser by a small margin. It seems to be working for me.

As I understand it, magnesium must be present for calcium to be absorbed, and your vitamin D levels must be high enough to "talk" between all your different systems. Mother Goose is generally right on with her suggestions. When she speaks, listen.

I like all of these replys!
from these friends remarks, i have five books coming on detoxify , digestion, and, SAVE OUR BONE program [author Vivian] --it is pricey but refundable and good prefaces.

when I get these, i will be on here with observations
I DO SAY EXPERIENCE CALCIUM'S PARTNERS MAGNESIUM, VIT D AND K--?

AND I DO BELIEVE THAT MILK IS BAD for adults; it is animal protein, thus leeches from bones instead of adding to. some calcium is more- absorbable, test in water? and only deep sea --not shell?

and I like to include the B's and antioxidants for digestion and synergys [did i spell that right?]

a reputable company will give a proper balance of vitamin minerals [usually MDR which is most often negative to most of us]. keep ready: the body likes to have, in-waiting, in case it needs a quick vitamin or trace mineral--
these are the basic one a day--maintenance .

AGREE?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NOF

Help the National Osteoporosis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Osteoporosis Foundation

Learn more about osteoporosis awareness and prevention

Discussion topics

Links and resources from NOF

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The National Osteoporosis Foundation would like to remind visitors and community members that the views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of NOF. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding any medical information that is shared on this site.