Forteo

I have been using Forteo since August and two or three times a week the plunger gets stuck and will not go all the way in (so yellow still shows on the barrel) so I remove the needle and don't get the full dose. I then try to push the plunger the rest of the way in (over the sink)and it won't move. Then as I hold it in my hand for about 15 seconds, I hear a click and the plunger will then easily push on through. Has anyone else experienced this? I even had Lily replace one plunger but the last three plungers are doing exactly the same thing. Is it me or have others had this happen to them. Thanks for any input.

2 replies. Join the discussion

I would suggest you talk to your Dr. and show him in person, how your using it!

April

I have never had that problem but, at least in Canada, an RN (who specializes in Forteo) is assigned to you right from the beginning. She checks in with you once a month and her number is always available should you have questions or concerns.

Good luck!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NOF

Help the National Osteoporosis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Osteoporosis Foundation

Learn more about osteoporosis awareness and prevention

Discussion topics

Links and resources from NOF

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The National Osteoporosis Foundation would like to remind visitors and community members that the views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of NOF. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding any medical information that is shared on this site.