EZORB Calcium

My wife has just been diagnosted with osteoporsis? She broke her leg twice and wrist once in 2008. She read all possible side affects of most presciption medicines and wants a safer but effective product. She likes everything she heard about EZORB but only testimonials were on their site. Has anyone else had good or bad sucess. It is somewhat expensive.

29 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Tommy!

I was diagnosed in October with Osteo and have just stopped taking Actonel after experiencing side effects...muscle aches, joint aches, fatigue. I'm having to take muscle relaxers now to try and stop the spasms in my back. I didn't want to take the drugs, but was scared not to, but I have felt so horrible these last two months that I don't think I want to try another drug.

I am on EZORB and have been for approx. two months. There are several of us on this board that have started it about the same time and are hoping to compare notes. I will not have another DEXA scan until Sept/Oct so I will not know until then, but I think it is worth a shot. I cannot take the other forms of calcium...they give me heartburn and I have GERD. EZORB doesn't cause me any problems...I can even take it on an empty stomach. Yes, it is a little more expensive the first three months since you have to double up on it, but after that it will be a little less expensive. I hope it does everything it says it does and I can avoid the drugs.

Good luck with your wife!

Andrea

I have been on EZorb for over one year now . I was diognosed in April 2007 and started on Ezorb in May 2007. A year later a DEXA showed much improvement . I believe it was the EZorb, along with many other key nutrients I started taking that really helped. I will provide the scores. I was taking Strontium but stopped taking 3 weeks before last DEXA so I am not sure if the scores should be adjusted for that. I am now on Strotium again and have started on Boniva as well. 4/07 Tscore lumbar spine -2.2 femar -3.2 4/08 Tscore spine -1.74 femar -2.89 I also found a great article at a health food store (Lassens) by Dr Alan Gaby and started taking all his recommended nutrients for bone loss. I think you can read it on WWW.ATDonline.org. Good luck to everyone.

I'm so glad to learn that others are taking EZorb. I've been afraid this was some sort of scam product even though it seemed reputable when I researched it. I've been on the powder form for about 3 weeks after coming to the decision that I am not going to take the prescription drugs that are so readily given out without disclosure of how bad they can be. When I read the details about a woman who was suing the drug company after her jaw bone died, I knew this wasn't for me. I have also stepped up the exercise and have tried to eat more bone friendly foods. I also have been reading The Wisdom of Menopause and have learned that if calcium isn't absorbed properly, it is lost through the urine. EZorb is kind of expensive to be literally flushing away on a daily basis, so I'm looking into a urine test that can be done without doc. ordering it. That will give information about where all that calcium is ending up. There is information about this in the book or if anyone wants more specific info, I'd be glad to provide it on this website. The Wisdom of Menopause has made me feel better about my dexa scores. The doc who wrote it does a great job of putting things more in perspective. I've also heard her on Oprah. She is truly an advocate for women's health!

I just want to say, I called the man to find out what Ezorb was?
He called me back to say, Ezorb is , "Coral Calcium".
I hear it is good, but I think you could buy it at a Health food store for less money.

Boniva made me sick.
I'm going to try Strontium Citrate, taking it at a different time then my Calcium, D, Mag. etc.

Take Care,
April

I was told that E-Zorb is plant based. I don't understand how that could be coral calcium. I too took it for a while and spoke with a salesman on the phone. I ran out of it
and am wondering if I should buy more. I wish I could find other research about it.

I am totally confused about which calcium supplement to take. I hear you all speaking about EZorb and it sounds great on their website. On Kate Lindemann's Osteopenia3.com website, she speaks about how great Algaecal and advacal is. I checked their websites and they claim to be the best and the most easily absorbed. Can someone help me with this?

Please check www.nof.org under Frequently Asked Questions: Calcium - which will give information on the ingredient discussed in this product.

Sdivas,
It's propably right in my face, but I don't see it!!

April

www.nof.org --- Click "About Osteoporosis" which will bring up Frequently Asked Questions --- you should see an article regarding calcium. Hope this helps. Sandi

I was just on the Ezorb website and it just sounds too good to be true!! Tho' I'd like to believe it!! All the others sound too horrible to be true, (fosamax, reclast, boniva etc.) I took fosamax briefly when I learned a year ago I had osteoporosis. I now only take oscal, and I go back and forth on good diet and exercise sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. I do think that ---MANY--- people must have bad bones, since I've been diagnosed I think most people walking down the street have op!! I get my next bone density in July that will be 18 months and it scares me to death that it may have gotten worse, it threw me for such a loop when I found out I had it, really its taken the whole year to get use to the idea. And we are all so young (53) what happens to us in 10 years, 20 years??

Hi Sdivas,
Thanks I now found the website. Interesting.

Sue You might want to take a look at the website on NOF that Sdivas mentioned above here.
Also check out the BoneLadys site .
She talks about Strontium Citrate , or google it.

Take care,
April

Purewellness,
Are you selling this/these product?

Yes! Do beware Tommy there are some cynical enough to use this forum purely for the purpose of finacial gain.
Purewellness could be legitimate but it's just as well to be careful.

Just to let you all know, I did a search on Purewellness, and he is a sales Rep for the website he has put up here.

One of the products is a combination of Calcium with Strontium!
I take Strontium citrate. As I have read and been told, If you take the Strontium with the Calcium, they compete, and will not absorb. Strontium has to be taken separate from Calcium. About 4 hours apart.

The other one has D in it and minerals which look good and are very commen.
Its also Very Expensive. $75.00. Wow.
Those Ing. can be bought seperatley for allot less money, and get a higher dosage.

I think this just shows us, we have to be careful, as anyone can write up a website, and go through the computer and try to pedal off what they are selling to make a buck.
Anyone can say or claim what ever they want on there websites. There is not anytype of control on the internet.

Please be careful.

Shame on you Larry Janson.

What is Purewellness? I couldn't find the site you refer to on the net.

Jacqueline,
He goes by the name of Purewellness on here, that is not a website. If you clicked on the website he wants you to go to, its called,
NIKKEN.

Take Care,
April

Osteoporosis is becoming big business. Please be careful. If in doubt about any community member that may be promoting sales, please bring the post to the attention of the volunteer moderators (pgreene or sdivas) or Beth (Inspire). Thank you. Sandi (sdivas)

Larry Pure Wellness Janson,
Your trying to sell your product here by a Company named, "Nikken".
If that is true, I think you and anyone here might want to check out on www.google.com
Nikken Scam.

Larry Janson Why did you mention your a Christian?
What does that have to do with this Osteoporosis Community?

I looked uo ezorb. The proof they offer is the "testimony" of one man (not woman) who cured his osteoporosis within a few months with nothing but EZORB. He mentions a doctor in Texas. I looked up the doctor. he is a psychiatrist by specialty but does some family medicine. I never heard of research based on a sample of one. They also mention research on rats but it is not published in any reputaqble journal. Who are they kidding?

Larry, sales promotion are not permitted on the community. Volunteer Moderator

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NOF

Help the National Osteoporosis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Osteoporosis Foundation

Learn more about osteoporosis awareness and prevention

Discussion topics

Links and resources from NOF

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The National Osteoporosis Foundation would like to remind visitors and community members that the views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of NOF. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding any medical information that is shared on this site.