AlgaeCal® Strontium Boost

Does anyone know if AlgaeCal® Strontium Boost
is available on prescription, it is so expensive to purchase and I would like to try the combination after not having much success with Bonviva and other biphosphates. I find that the biphosphates just give me a burning sensation in my stomach and throat area. I think they should be banned!

Edited June 16, 2009 at 8:55 am

24 replies. Join the discussion

Kettle,
If it is strontium you are interested in there are a number of inexpensive alternates, such as strontium citrate which I purchase at Swanson Vitamins.

Hi Kettle,
I have never heard of AlgaeCal and Strontium before!
But This is what I just read:
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/osteoporosis/TMAMHPPRE6PFNPIOM

Scroll down and please read what Alice had to say about it, after taking it.

I have taken Strontium for awhile.
I did read somewhere the ing. that are in AlgaeCal, and they really didn't seem like anything!! I was not impressed.

Take Care,
April

And according to my doctor, one is not to take calcium and strontium at the same time. I take my strontium at least 2 hours after I've taken calcium and 2 hours before I'll have any calcium. Thus taking it in the middle of the night has worked for me... except now my hot flashes are failing me. Probably that progesterone creme Woody pointed me to. :-) Thus some mornings I have to wait on having my soy mocha.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for this. However, I am based in the UK and I think this is a US Store?

Regards

Maggie

Hi April,

It looks as though I have just wasted a lot of money purchasing this product then, I really appreciate the advice.

Regards

Maggie

Hi Gatekeeper,

Thanks for your advice too, I don't think that progesterone cream is available to purchase over here in the UK probably only available on prescription.

Does it not affect your stomach taking it in the middle of the night, should you be lying down after taking this?

Regards

Maggie

Strontium not the same as fosamax, actonel, etc.

I've got a somewhat tender tummy (thanks to Actonel) and it doesn't bother me in the least.

If in the UK you can get strontium with a prescription, called strontium ranelate. If I understand correctly, this has a fake sweetner in it... now that would bother my tummy.

Maggie,
I checked on the net and found the basic ingredient in AlgaeCal was strontium citrate. I did not realize you lived in the U.K. one of my favorite places. Both of my father's grandparents came from Scotland. I relished my visit there but age and the economy may not enable us to return.

Hi Bob,
Well we have something in common then, my Grandmother was Scottish, from Edinburgh and my brothers nowmlives in Aberdeenshire, it is really lovely in Scotland.

Kind regards

Maggie

Hi! Kettle,

I buy Doctor's Best Strontium Bonemaker from www.vitasprings.com, an on-line distributor that ships within the U.S. and internationally. Their price is lower, even with shipping costs added, than I would pay for the same product from my local healthfood store. Of course, international shipping costs more.

Other online sites I've heard of but not used include www.vitacost.com and www.iherb.com. You might be able to find others closer to the U.K.

Whatever strontium product you use, be sure each dose contains 680 mg elemental strontium, the optimum dose.

BoneLady

Thanks very much Bones. regards kettle

Hi Kettle,

I am wondering if you are still using algaecal? I am reading the website and it seems very interesting. It says that algaecal is certified organic? I have not found any other calcium supplements that are organic.

If anyone has some experience with algaecal please share

Dr. Fujita has a new article about algaecal: http://www.articlesbase.com/womens-health-articles/quotalgaecalquot-claims- debunked-2042145.html

I can't believe there are people who just don't care about anyone else but money!

Is this the same as New Chapter's Bone Strength? Wanttolearn

stronteum renalate has aspartame in it. I don't understand why they need to put that in !

Hi Wanttolearn,

Yes, New Chapter's Bone Strength uses AlgaelCal. So does Garden of Life's Grow Bone System.

I myself is a victim of AlgaeCal. I took it for a year and suffered miserably. I've been on detox program for a while and hopefully I'll be able to get those poisons out of my system.

I'm just so worried that there are so many people who have fallen into their trap and still don't know. I found out AlgaeCal is a less than 10 people small business in Canada. What are those bigger companies thinking? Profit from turning a soil treatment into a magic cure for human beings? Your mother and sisters could be using it too - or have you already told them the secret? Shame on you! I hope some day they would be brought to justice.

Kaye

Hi Kettle

I dont believe you are wasting your money. I too take the AlgaeCal and Strontium Boost. I havent had a bone density done to tell you if ive had any success. Yes they are extremely expensive but i cant afford for my health to deterierate any further.
And yes make sure you read how to take them correctly otherwise it will be a waste of money taking them.

Oh and im from Australia and purchase them through an Australian company.

Good luck!!!

KayeReiland

Can i asked what were your side effects when taking AlgaeCal and why do you call it poison? Im just wondering because i take the product and havent had any side effects? But i am concerned now after readings all these posts.

THanks

Hi Youngmum,

Kaye had posted her bad experience in another topic on algaecal: http://www.inspire.com/groups/national-osteoporosis-foundation/discussion/a lgaecal

I myself took alagecal for less than a month. I have a very sensitive system. I'm always active but I felt really tired and somtimes depressed when taking this product. I also had diarrhea and some unusal skin problems. I knew something's wrong with this product I was taking. Thank God I got off it right away, and all of those problems went away.

Dorothy

Thanks dorothy ill have a look!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NOF

Help the National Osteoporosis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Osteoporosis Foundation

Learn more about osteoporosis awareness and prevention

Discussion topics

Links and resources from NOF

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The National Osteoporosis Foundation would like to remind visitors and community members that the views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of NOF. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding any medical information that is shared on this site.