Eczemz on hands and bottom of feet

I am newly diagnosed within the last 10-11 months. At first I just had itchy, thick, scally skin on the bottom of my feet and palms of my hands. Now I have water blisters and postules on the bottom of my feet and around my fingernails. It is very painful to walk. I am on clobesotal and I found a soak called Cutar. At first it worked but now I have more blisters than ever. Does anyone have any advice on how to ease the pain my feet. When your feet hurt you are truly miserable all over.

4 replies. Join the discussion

I'm sure I have the same kind of eczema you get is called Dyshidrotic eczema and it just looks like mini bubbles under the skin that itch terribly and eventually break and make your skin crack, bleed and hurt.

I had a very bad flare not so long ago and this is what has been helping me a little... is called "wet wraps" Before going to sleep soak your hands and feet in about a gallon of water with a teaspoon of bleach, let them soak for about 5-10 min then pat them dry and apply your prescription ointment or cream and top it with a thick layer of petroleum jelly or crisco then put on a later or damp socks on your hands and feet (make sure to remove excess water so you don't end up getting a fungal infection), if you have them available you can use cotton gloves for the hands instead, then put on top an extra pair of dry socks.

Leave it over night or at least for a few hours...in the mornings remove it and put on a thick layer of moisturizer this helps keep the skin moist

Thanks, I do have Dyshidrotic eczema. And it is exactly how you described it. I will try this tonight.

The bleach really helps drying the little bubbles and clears out the pus when they get infected...I hope it works for you :)

I tried the bleach bath and it worked. I did it for four days in a row and now my feet are not hurting and I can walk on them. They have some tender spots, but not the severe pain I had before. Now my hands are bad and I am using it on them. Eczema is crazy, one day you are okay and then next you are really bad. You are experienced and I am just starting. Thanks a whole lot.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NEA

Help the National Eczema Association reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Eczema Association

Discussion topics

From the National Eczema Association

Resources from NEA

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The National Eczema Association (NEA) would like to remind visitors and group members that the views and opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of NEA. Please consult your personal physician regarding any medical information that is shared on this site.