Who is a survivor?

I have been recently diagnosed with Cervical Cancer and am hard pressed to know how many survivors there are. There are few stats disclosed and I wonder, 'are there just no survivors of this monster?' Of course that is a myth. So why isnt anybody talking? I have since found a few and feel better. But I wanted to post this here so that there can be documentation of at least one survivor. I started my first Chemo yesterday, my first radiation tomorrow. I am a survivor because I go through the steps and I have faith in God. I have loved him all my life. It is His hand that guides these wonderful doctors He has provided for me. In the wonderful cycle of life, He has always been with me, as he will continue to be. Find peace my sisters. We are survivors.

66 replies. Join the discussion

1.5 year stage 3B SCC Cervical Survivor! God Bless!

I have been NED (or remission depending on your doctor...most say NED though) since March 2010. I was diagnosed stage 4 mestastic cc with lymph node involvment and there was also a mass on my liver in August 2009. I had very aggressive treatments, but so far and I continue to pray daily that it did the job.

It is possible to survive and treatments; while sometimes horrible are getting better every day, month and year at fighting this terrible disease.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you begin this journey.

I am a 2 year survivor from stage 2b2!!! I also have a personal friend from college who is 12 years survivor and is cancer free. You can beat it!!! Lots of prayers heading your way!!

First, your right you are a survivor and I think each of us are in our own way. It can be beat and there are several ladies on here that are. Myself I am 3 months out of treatment and I dubbed myself a survivor the day I finished the treatments. My faith is what got me through. I have always had a relationship with God and we did a lot of chatting while I was going through this. And I promise you when I look at how bad I felt some days he was there and it was then "That he carried me". Good luck and God Bless. I know my stage was 3b something however I never really looked at it or paid much attention to it. I just made up my mind that it didnt matter that I was going to fight hard and keep the faith. <3

1.5 years as a survivor since the end of my very last treatment. Almost 2 years (December will be 2) since I was told I had Stage 3B Cervical Cancer with lymph node involvement. There are some changes but nothing that can't be handled. I feel good, I am back working full time, and looking forward to more years being cancer free. Attitude makes a huge difference, I simply decided I was getting better and it never once occurred to me that I would not. Don't be afraid to ask for support because at some point you may need it. Currently I am teaching in France for one term - a dream that I had thought would not happen. Life does continue and get better. I wish I could give you a hug and let you know that it gets better but all we have are words.

I was diagnoised in May 2007 with Stage IIIB cervical cancer, as of May I was still cancer free. Keep good thoughts, you can
get through it.

I was diagnosed as stage 2b with lymph node involvement. I have been cancer free for 2 1/4 years.

I was diagnosed stage 2B April 2007. I finished my treatment July 2007 and am still cancer free. Good Luck and God Bless you

I was diagnosed on January 28, 2009 with Stage 4A CC with lymphatic and rectal invasion. I finished all my treatments on April 15, 2009. So far I have no signs of recurrence.

Stage IVb CC diagnosed September of '08
chemo/radiation, followed by surgery,
followed by chemo. NED since end of treatment in May of '09
PET/CAT on Monday results are in , I remain NED .

I am a two-time cervical cancer survivor. October 2005, Stage 2B, 28 radiation treatments, 6 cisplatin. Cancer-free for 14 months and had a recurrence. Received a radical surgery known as a Pelvic Exenteration April 2007. This was a life saving, life changing surgery. Although, I continue to have complications since the surgery, I am 5 1/2 years cancer-free

I am a 10 year survivor of stage 1B squamous cell cc.

Hi Misslee! This April I became 15 years cancer free from cervical cancer and will be 50 years old in December. I too felt as you do now, but I Thank God everyday for his support through it all, but some way down the road it will get easyer to except. For now, be hopeful and I know it's hard, but try to be strong. Prayers sent your way! I feel in my heart that you'll be survivor, Good Bless! :)

I am a survivor, diagnosed september 2006. Radical hyst+28 radiations, finished treatment january 2007 - and I`ve been cancer free ever since. I`m having my last checkup november 6th. There`s hope.

Love and light to all of you from Monica in Norway.

1B2 here, no lymph nodes,
now three years NED

1b2 with no lymph nodes ... NED almost 2 years :-)

I'm a survivor of 14 years with a beautiful daughter whom is 12 years old. Unlike you I didn't have to undergo any Chemo or Radiation just surgery. Continue to keep the faith in the Lord and he will heal as he did me. God Bless You!

Diagnosed 10/13/11 Stage 3b with lymph node involvement. Unable to completely rule out the possibility of bladder involvement. 6 wks of Cisplatin and daily radiation followed by 2 brachytherapy treatments, finished in Feb 2012. NED as of PET scan in August. I'm back to working full time again. Each day I feel stronger and stronger. My prayers are with u!

Wow! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you Miss Cyndie. Your words are encouraging.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders