WARNING:HPV MEN TEST GOT ME REINFECTED

Hello All,

If you need to go back, pls go and read my story of how I got infected with HPV.

THIS is important,

I became negative with HPV July 2012. Now the guy that gave it to me wanted us to get back together. The details of how this came to be is not important at this moment. What is important is that you women who become negative to go through what I went through.

I told him if he wanted to get back with me, he would have to take the MALE HPV TEST AT MDLAB. They are the only facility that test men for HPV. In my heart I knew he was going to test positive. LOW and behold. He took the test and it said he was HPV NEGATIVE. I told him I did not believe it and that he should retest.

Now, I do know that HPV can spontaneously clear in the body. After almost a month of fighting him to not have sex with me, we had it. 2nd time I had sex ok. 3rd time i started bleeding during sex. Then I started bleeding in between periods. Then i started feeling pain in my pelvic region.

I told him that I have hpv symptoms and that i am scared that I am re-infected and that the test was wrong. He said how could the test be wrong if pathologist created this test? I SAID look at the symptoms I have. I had these symptoms before when you infected me with HPV.

SO, Please help stop what is going on. WE need proof that this test is faulty. Girlfriends who have boyfriends that have HPV because they got infected by their man, PLEASE have your boyfriend take this test and VIDEO DOCUMENT THIS. MDLAB TAKE MOST INSURANCE. PLEASE WE NEED TO STOP WHAT IS GOING ON. MAYBE ALOT OF WOMEN ARE BEING REINFECTED BECAUSE OF THIS FAULTY TEST. HERE IS MY PERSONAL EMAIL: Pmoore8032@yahoo.com

Contact me so we can make this VIDEO DOCUMENTATION happen.

35 replies. Join the discussion

Hello, Citygirl00. I have never heard of bleeding as a symptom of HPV. I have CIN 1 and would have been none the wiser if I hadn't had a LSIL pap, HPV test, and colposcopy/biopsy last year to confirm it. I would definitely mention the bleeding to your doctor, but I would truly be surprised if it was related. As for HPV, a person will test negative when their body suppresses the virus into dormancy. This does not necessarily guarantee that they have stopped carrying it. Think of chicken pox, which I still carry in my body without causing visible symptoms or being contagious (unless it reactivates and I develop shingles at some point, but I am not going to worry about it). As I understand it, an HPV test, like the ones you and your boyfriend had, can only pick up active infections (not dormant ones). There is still a chance that you or your boyfriend can still pass it on if there is a dip in immune response and it reactivates. This can happen at any time, but there is no sense living your life in fear. Also, one area on his body that tested free and clear for HPV doesn't guarantee that he is HPV-free elsewhere on his body. If you two love each other, I wouldn't let HPV disrupt your sex life. That's no way to live, and you guys deserve happiness. It is easy to obsess over this common malady, and trust me, I've been there myself. Finally, I decided to accept that I didn't have all the answers and be proactive to the best of my ability. I have supplemented my diet to boost immunity, used condoms during intercourse, and followed my doctor's recommended screening protocol. 80% of the sexually active population has been infected with HPV at some point, so all we can do is keep living our lives and following our hearts, so long as we take steps to reduce future health risks in ourselves and others. Condoms reduce the risk of transmission by 70%, so I wouldn't even tell anyone you have HPV unless you wanted to ditch condoms entirely. That would only stigmatize you when chances are good that whoever you're with is a carrier anyway. In your case, your boyfriend has a history with you, so it is almost a guarantee that he has it already. That said, I would not let HPV be the deciding factor in your relationship. Just go about business as usual (with condoms) and stay on top of your paps from now on. This is the same advice my doctor gave me. Tests will catch any cellular abnormalities long before they become a serious problem. Good luck!

I was told there is no test to detect hpv in men, have I been informed wrongly???

KrazyKatLady,
I love your positivity. We are no longer together. My point is, it is dangerous to have a person that is positive with hpv test negative. i had you became negative in July and when I slept with in September(early September he took the test and it read negative) and my results is positve for hpv. That means he got a false negative result. If this place is sending out a faulty test it is helping to spread hpv instead of containing it.

Lucee
The place is MDLAB.com. This business is a team of pathologist that created this test for men. I just want for a guy who has hpv to take this test and see if it comes out negative. And if it does that, then matter need to be resolved. Now I have to start treatment again and pay lots of money to heal myself. I would he saving womens lives. When a women becomes negative with hpv, she should have the potential partner she sleeps with test for hpv.

And this is a perfect example of why men are not routinely tested for HPV and why it's not FDA approved. The test only seems to work properly for women unfortunately.

So you were reinfected? That stinks. I am also suspect of the FDA approved test for women. There are too many false negatives as well. I think this explains why women come up negative for HPV then later on without new partners become positive and start having abnormal paps and God forbid cancer. Your story as well as so many others on here have me at my wit's end. They are in DIRE need of a therapeutic vaccine to end this nonsense. This is the only way to deal with this stupid HPV problem.

Once u have hpv, u always have it. A negative result for a man or a woman just means that the virus is not currently active. U could easily say that the test for men AND women r both faulty. Even the stress of worrying about it may have caused ur immunity to dip and allow the virus to become active again.

I did not use the mdlab test. I got tested from the same gyn I have been going to for 10yrs. From what I read on this site and other sites with women who become hpv negative, I have not read about them becomeing hpv positive in a very short period of time. This happened because of my ex taking that faulty test.

Wantstoclear and antiviral you guys did not go to Mexico? Has any other members went since then?

Citygirl00, my last test also came back negative for HPV, but in light of a new study, I am tempted to go to Mexico. I didn't go. My boyfriend said he would go with me and get the shot if it came to that. A few more members went to Mexico since we last spoke. They are going to post the results some time in February, which is soon. I am keeping track of the experiences of people who go so I can eventually make an informed decision.

On a positive note, there are a number of therapeutic vaccines in preclinical studies and clinical trials to treat and possibly eliminate HPV. I wrote to the representative at Inovio. Right now they are just concentrating on Strain 16 and 18 and have added 6 and 11. They may add new strains in the future, but she says she doesn't know which ones. I wish they would just add all the strains in the HPV grab bag test at least.

Congratz for your negative result!!!!!!!! Did any members participate in the clinical trials?

As I understand it, HPV is like Herpes or any other std. Once you have it in your system, it's not going away. It's your immune system that suppresses it and makes it "appear" to be gone. But it's still in your system. When under stress or illness, it overcomes your immune system and appears again. That's how the body works. The test aren't faulty. The test simply picks up what's going on at the time you are tested. All we can do is stay on top of our health with our physicians.

No members that I know of participated in the clinical trials.

I seriously wish I knew all that I know now when I was first diagnosed, even before my diagnosis. I would have lived my life a lot differently not only for myself but for my partner. I'm very grateful to have found someone to love who will take the therapeutic vaccine with me if it comes to that. We really need one. The rep at Inovio told me the ultimate goal is to also remove the virus from the body before even dysplasia occurs. Dr. Ian Frazer's vaccine with Coridon aims the same thing. There really needs to be a cure yesterday. Enough is enough.

Citygirl, I'm sorry you were infected again, but I think like a lot of women that it just stays in your system and goes dormant sometimes and then re-awakens when you least suspect it.

As for bleeding during sex, it is definitely a sign of HPV. It was my first symptom and got me to the doctor 7 years ago. I had a hysterectomy years ago and for me the HPV is in my vagina and therefore I have VaIN. So get yourself to a doctor. I'm still battling the VaIN, and it hasn't yet turned to vaginal cancer so that is a tiny blessing for me. I'm going to start chemo with efudex this week and I'm hoping that it will at least put the disease to sleep for a little while.

@ FrannyGranny : Hi, I am curious that if you said your VaIN hasn't yet turned to vaginal cancer, then why do you have to start chemo treatments?
That made me worried because even though I do not have VaIN, I do have CIN2 and I was wondering if it is the same with CIN. Do you need chemo treaments for CIN as well?

You don't need chemo for CIN. If it's bad, they do a LEEP and/or cone.

Franny Granny
How did you get diagnosed?

I was diagnosed with VaIN due to HPV in 2006 after a suspicious pap smear and then a biopsy. What made me go to the doctor was bleeding. I had been separated for a few years at that time and hadn't yet been intimate with any other man, so I must have gotten it from my ex before our separation and that's not what caused the separation. I also know that it could have been dormant in me for years. The gyn/onc decided to wait and see until 2009 when the lesion had progressed so it was decided to cut the lesion out. Two years later the HPV lesion is back and I had another excision surgery. A year after that (December 2011) it's back and I was treated with Zyclara and it didn't work and I went through the Cervarix injections as well. This past October I had laser surgery and when I went for my 6-week check up, there was another lesion and the old lesion hadn't respond to the laser. His next treatment option is Efudex. It doesn't sound like they do that, at least where I am, Nova Scotia, unless they've tried everything else. My regular gyn/onc referred me to the head of his department and after another painful check and biopsy, his treatment protocol was Efudex as well. It's a cream that's deposited in my vagina. His protocol is once a week for 10 weeks whereas my own was going to prescribe it once a day for 2 weeks. I haven't started it yet because my local drug store has to order it in. I'll just have to wait and see how I tolerate it. Hopefully, this works because I don't know what's next.

I am sorry this happened to you. I wish you could see a naturopath. How is your diet and stress levels? I just started my vegan/raw vegan diet.

Here is a link to Naturopath doctors in where you live:
http://nsand.ca/members

Thanks for the link to the Naturopath doctors. I have tried naturopaths before, not for HPV, but for IBS. Perhaps it's the one that I was seeing, but everytime I would visit, she'd try to get me to buy a product. There are probably better ones around, but I haven't looked. I am not interested in trying their treatment for HPV, not yet anyway. It would cost me a fortune. Some would be covered by my private health insurance, but most would be out of pocket. Seeing a gyn/onc is no cost for me.

My energy levels are quite low right now and I'm trying to eat lots of fruits and vegetables (not raw). I eat a minimal amount of meat and no red meat at all, and I also have fish about once or twice a week. My stress levels are through the roof and it's hard to concentrate on work or anything.

You have to find away to manage the stress. What you can do is take vitamins and eat 75% raw and 25% cooked vegs. Drink Smoothies and Fresh Juice. No meat at all. If you have to have meat. Try two times a month.

Here are the supplelment I have to buy again:

A mulsion 25,000 iu
Ultra Nutrients 180 caps -6 a day
Zinc 30mg 90 count
Green tea 80% catechins 275mg 60 caps
Selenium CWS
5mthf 1000mcg 60 caps
indole 3 carbinol/DIM 400mg
Curcumin 500mg
Mixed Natural Carotenes 25,000-50,000 iu
Matcha Green tea

These are the vitamins except the last I took for my protocol. I was cured of HSIL in 6 months. I did the eschoratic treatment as well.
There are women who had HSIL and took the vitamins I took (all the vitamins including curcumin and mixed natural carotenes).

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders