pregnant and not well seeking advice

Hello, I'm 29 pregnant with my 4th child. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with cervical cancer when I was 18 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I was dropped by my obgyn before I got out of surgery in my last delivery. I have been terrified to go to the doctor so I have yet to receive treatment. Iam 7 and a half weeks pregnant I have lost 10 lbs in 1 week my emotional state is severely deppressed. It scares me. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with me.

4 replies. Join the discussion

Please seek professional help. There are so many options to deal with cervical cancer. Be brave for your children and yourself. Try not to think of the worst and keep positive.
My thoughts will be with you and only positive thoughts.

Go see your doctor! Any doctor! They are not there to judge you, just help you. Doing nothing is also a decision. Whatever is inside of you, cancer and/or baby, is NOT doing nothing! It's growing. So get help for yourself and your family!

You are doing the right thing by asking for help on here. We can reassure you and be here to listen, but you need your doctor's help.
Best wishes,
Jodi

For one thing, I bet you must be physically tired, with three young children! This is the time, Today, to call to make an appointment as soon as possible with a family practice doctor, an internist, a ob-gyn -- or your children's pediatrician for a referral. As Jodi said above, doctors have gone into medicine to help people. This is more important than anything else that will happen today, that you seek and get help! Depression need not last. You and your dear kids need help. We send you loving support. Please get back to us.

Also, you could be anemic, so you need blood work. If you are very "down" and it is anemia, you can be helped rather easily, but you need the evaluation first.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders