Natural Therapy - My HPV is clear. How to prevent from EVER returning?

Hello, I was diagnosed with CIN 2 from HPV months ago, and I was able to clear it from my system using natural therapy ( I saw a Naturopathic doctor and I took Papillex capsules daily). I have heard that reoccurance can occur in future years down the road. I am so happy to be clear of HPV, that I want to make sure that I remain this way. Can anyone offer helpful tips for me to prevent future reoccurance in years to come?? I know I should go see the ND again for advice, but I'm low on cash after all the holiday spending!

9 replies. Join the discussion

Hi jen-mat -- Are you currently testing negative for HPV? Pap smears can fluctuate in and out of various grades of dysplasia, so the best way to keep tabs on the infection is to have routine HPV tests.

If you do test positive again for HPV, it would be great if you could find out the type (although those tests aren't readily available), because some types cause CIN -- even CIN2 or CIN3, but have a much lower risk of progression. The Cervista test will test for high risk types and, if positive, will further check for 16 or 18. Even though it only gives specific information on 2 types -- those are the two most oncogenic, so if you don't have those, then any HPV infection or even abnormal pap is less likely to progress or be of concern.

Good luck to you! Good general advice is to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and all the things you generally do to promote a strong immune system. An oral medicine doctor told me that viruses are especially responsive to stress, so he told me to go out and have fun!

Hi Lynne -- Yes, I had HPV16 & CIN2 with a subsequent LEEP procedure. Was testing negative for HPV after that until four months after sex with new partner. Briefly tested high risk positive at that point, but seem to be in the clear now (nearly 3 years after LEEP & 1 year after that brief positive test). I'm really glad your HPV is negative, and I hope it remains that way. I noticed you were married or I would have mentioned earlier that each new sex partner brings a unique opportunity to contract a whole 'nother slew of HPV types. Hopefully you're limited to the type(s) you or your partner have had in the past and your immune system has developed resistance to those types. Times to beware of potential HPV resurgence -- during pregnancy or times of hormonal changes & also perimenopause -- late 30's, early 40's. Good luck!

Oops -- I was confused who I was replying to -- I guess it was Jen who was married -- Lynne_teacher -- I noticed you were single, so please take precautions to avoid getting another HPV infection (see my post above)!

well i did have a Leep so i didnt go all natural (as a caveat) but i did drastically change my life anyhow. I"m not 80% plant based, i don't do dairy products etc.

other things i have icnluded to fight back hpv. is virus killers. once every other weekend i will chop up garlic in like aspirin size and swallow like a pill. you can try olive leaf oil (it tastes horrific) and add to honey water. Use RAW honey as it is antiviral. Take at least 1000 mg of vitamin C again for your immune system, take zinc too but not daily. I also take turmeric daily as it fights inflammation.

So think about hpv as you would if u were fighting off a flu. It's a virus right, so keep your immune system up!

i had a leep clear margins and 4 month post colpo came back NO dysplasia. unfortunately in canada they don't do hpv tests on the regular, so i dont know if i still have it. but i do know no dysplasia!

AND CONGRATS FOR CLEARING IT! THAT'S AMAZING

glad to hear that Papillex was on your regime..I've been taking it since Oct 16th two capsules twice a day (was diagnosed w/ high risk HPV on Sept. 28th but had normal PAP)..I go back for my 6 month checkup in end of March/beginning of April..so our story gives me hope that i'll test negative!! THANKS!!!

Where can I get Papillex? I would like to try it. I am 18 and have high risk HPV. I have had the laser cone surgery and basically have lost any hope of ever testing negative...and am worried that the dysplasia will return resulting in cancer...i am a stress-proned person who was diagnosed with anxiety about two years ago..i know this, along with my not so great diet, affects my chances also..

Where can I get Papillex? I would like to try it. I am 18 and have high risk HPV. I have had the laser cone surgery and basically have lost any hope of ever testing negative...and am worried that the dysplasia will return resulting in cancer...i am a stress-proned person who was diagnosed with anxiety about two years ago..i know this, along with my not so great diet, affects my chances also..

Papillex.com is the company's website. They ship internationally and have an excellent email question service, if you want to know more.
Another excellent website for a natural cure is Buellerskitchen.com, written by a women who had CIN and HPV16 and who has cleared both and remained clear for 2 years.
On this sight, other natural posters are purpleangeluk and DIM. Both contain lots of good advice and experiences. Check out their contributions on the site.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders