how long does it take hpv to leave your body

If you have hpv and have gotten leep surgery I wanna know if hpv ever leaves your body? I have started working out 4 days a week have added boat and ensure plus any nutrition. Drink I can find to help build my immuse system. Am also on antidepressant. Pills but I feel once my weight gets back to normal and I keep working out and eating right. Maybe my immsue system will get stronger

12 replies. Join the discussion

Yup. Pretty much you're on the right track. Take vitamins too. Multivitamins and be as happy as you can. Sleep well and don't stress over the hpv. Theyvsay it takes up to two years I believe for your body to rid of the hpv but doesn't mean it definitely will. But if you are working for it I am sure it will work. Good luck and God bless :)

Thinks for repleying and God bless you am trying what I can ti be happy it hard at times since am deoressted but I think God they caught this before it becames cancer so am going day ti day and working to build immuse system it like I think hpv leaves the body but in other causes it not really gone it just laying dimunt. I guess and I just hope for the best thanks again

I know exactly how you feel. It may sound sillu but I don't feel normal anymore. I feel trashy. And horrible. Its hard but we have toget through it. So good luck and remember to keep us all updated on your health :)

Thank you I have and do feel likebtrashy at timesblikebit my fault and no man willbwant me. But the more am learning makes me feel better so am hoping for the best God bless you

Ask your doctor about vaginal prolapse and physical exertion. I am only 33 and it is happening to me. They may tell you some racist crap about how it doesn't happen to women of African decent and happens to White and Asian women. What you don't know could leave you incontinent.

What is the reason for vargail prolapsay I never heard of it and I am black I was shocked just to k ow I have hob I don't sleep around but some men are so foolish and hurtful just so they can hump God knees who half of them do t care if they give you something bascailly why I refrained from sex in 2010

I don't think it ever leaves,it stays dormant until your body's immune system is down.what a person who has it can do is,eat right and exercise,to keep the body strong

I've had it for two years now and my dr gave the option of waiting 6 months or do the leep, I thought I figured out what I was going to do and now I'm not sure.

I agree with Christine47. That's what my docs said and what I have read, too. Since it is a virus, it is always there. When not detected, the viral counts r low and it is basically inactive. When u test positive, it is more worrisome we the viral count is higher.

You had 6 months to decided? I was cin3 they didn't tell me to wait they made it like it what I had to do right away get leep they didn't even mentiion no other options

My pap showed ascus and the colposcopy showed viral changes. I scheduled an appt with gynecolgist oncologist for the 31st. I will make my decision after that. I'm very confused, didn't like that my dr gave me the two choices like that

Wow. At you. Have choices I had none had colopsy bipoi hope that i wont have to deal with Hainsy and Leep

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders