Hi everyone, I'm new here....

I just happened to come across this website and I started crying. I am a little scared because I just received my colp results and I have mild to moderate dysplasia in my cervical canal. My gyn also found something on my vaginal lining that she said looked like benign warts but when I got my results in the mail today, she just wrote biopsy-CIN II-II and I don't know if she was referring to the spots in my vaginal lining as well. Well anyway I am super scared and nervous because I have had 2 leep procedures over the past 5 years but never have I had any problems with my cervical canal or vaginal lining. Does anyone have any advice?!?!

5 replies. Join the discussion

Just givce it some time and someone will comment I am new too. my post was about husband and wife with hpv will we pass it back and forth. I have mild only, but will comment you if I find out anything.

here is something i copied and pasted from this site i just read it and thought if you hadn't read it maybe would give a little help until someone with more knowlege write you.::

most doctors and researchers say that you cannot be reinfected with an hp virus strain that you already have. corellin has provided you with additional information about very current research and viral load, and it's all worth reading and learning about. if you are in a monogamous relationship, then it can be assumed that your partner has the same hpv strains that you have. so, there is no re-infection as you already have the virus strains he has, and your body would recognize that same strain. if you were to enter a new relationship (this is theoretical, of course!!!) then you could potentially get hpv strains that you don't yet have. this is why some doctors are offering their patients the gardasil vaccine, even if they've already been diagnosed with hpv....it could potentially protect against getting a new strain that the vaccine protects against.

you'll need to continue to get your paps to be sure dysplasia doesn't develop, and hopefully you'll be in the large majority of women who have no problems post hysterectomy!

hello, lili! i'm so sorry to hear that you seem to have recurring dysplasia. i know that this is very frustrating! what is your next step to treat the cin2/3? will they be able to do another leep? and, if you have had 2 leeps previously, that would mean that you did have cervial dysplasia before....right?.....but perhaps nothing in the vaginal walls. as for the diagnosis of what the doctor saw on the vaginal lining, if she didn't do a biopsy from that area, then you wouldn't get anything back on the pathlogy report. the pathology report should show results from each of the biopsies....so if she took 2 biopsies, then there would be 2 findings (for example).

and if you have cervical dysplasia for the 3rd time in 5 years, i would highly recommend that you are in the care of a gynecologic oncologist - they're the experts with gyn cancers and dysplasia, and you want - and deserve - to see someone who deals with this all the time and has the expertise for your health issues.

i'm sorry you're so scared and crying. do you have someone with whom you can share what's going on...someone who you trust and who will be supportive? i sure hope so. and, you do have this group on the internet of course.

please let us know what your doctor recommends next - and i hope that the doctor is gyn/oncologist!

I never even thought of going to see a gyn oncologist! I guess I don't understand why I keep getting dysplasia. I feel like the majority of women have the leep procedure once and then they don't have any other problems after that. I'm young and healthy and I guess I'm just having a hard time with what makes me different from those other women who don't experience the ongoing problems with the virus.

hello, again, lili. i would have hoped that your gynecologist recommended you see a gyn/oncologist, but since he/she didn't, you can take it upon yourself to request a referral. unfortunately, there are some of us who just don't seem to be able to fight off dysplasia. i've always considered myself otherwise very healthy (rarely even get colds), but evidently my immune system when it comes to fighting off dysplasia isn't too strong. i do try to do everything that i can to strengthen my immune system, and i encourage you to do so as well, no smoking of course, and healthy eating, exercise, and stress reduction, including, perhaps yoga/meditation. and, i truly think that those of us who are not fitting that majority, who get recurring dysplasia, should be seen by the gyn/oncologists. and, i see that you're in baltimore, and you may want to check out the john hopkins center for cervical dysplasia. one of the doctors/researchers from there, dr.. trimble, spoke at the nccc conference in september, and they're making great progress with their research and studies.

I am in the same shoes you are. I have been fighting CIN 2/3 for the last 8 years of my life. I am also healthy. I don't smoke, nor have I in the past. I exercise and eat well. I have always wondered the same thing - what makes me different from everybody else. I know it's extremely frustrating. I'm sorry. I blame it on bad genetics. I have refused hysterectomy for many years and have been through many, many procedures. You should see gyn. oncologist! My ob/gyn who I first saw when this started never referred me to one. It took a second opinion from a second ob/gyn that I took the liberty to do myself before I was referred to gyn. oncologist. He would not even treat me and instead gave me a referral right away.

If you live in Baltimore region definitely check out Johns Hopkins center for cervical dysplasia. They have a therapeutic vaccine in clinical trial but you must test positive for HPV 16 to be a candidate. I live in Washington DC area and tried to participate but I am negative for HPV 16. I was really devastated when I found this out.

Wishing you the best and hoping for a positive outcome.

Tabatha

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders