help

i was diagnosed with cin3 about 6 months ago i waited 5 months to have lazer treatment i have been waiting 6 weeks now and still havnt had any results back as of yet! does anyone no how long the initial wait is? i have had some complications after lazer i ended up with a bad infection and now my periods are very irregular and very heavy. any one had this or can give me any information on this

thank you nicci

5 replies. Join the discussion

was this a laser cone or laser ablation? with laser ablation there is no specimen to get results back from. did you have a followup after your surgery to check your healing? i actually had a laser ablation done on january 3rd for high grade dysplasia. didnt have any bleeding, other than my period that started 4 days later which was a little heavier than normal. some discharge from the procedure itself. hope everything gets better for you!

I don't no which one i had I just got told they removed part of my cervix! I was just wondering if I get any sort of results or do I just wait to have another colposcopy in 6 months? Yeh I never lost any blood till 3 weeks after the procedure but then it all went wrong :( hopefully it will sort itself out soon then!
Thanx for messaging back

And no havnt had any follow up appointment as of yet

Well if they removed part of your cervix i'm assuming it was the cone. Did you call to try and get the results? I had my followup yesterday

No not yet was gonna leave it a couple of weeks and find out if I needed a check up! Hope ur check up was ok and ur results r normal :)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders