Curing HPV naturally

I have had HPV for 6 years. Abnormal cells for four years. I recently found out that I have moderate dysplaysia with HGSIL CIN II. The doc wants me to do a LEEP. I know that HPV is causing this and will continue to give me abnormal cells even after the current ones are removed. I want to get rid of my HPV so that this cycle can end.

Im am obviously very concerned this will get worse and/or prevent me from having children.

I have heard that a lot of vitamins (i.e. high amounts of vitamin A, B, folic acid, etc.) and aloe vera will greatly improve it if not cure HPV but I want to know exactly what I should do. Has anyone done this or have any ideas or suggestions?

17 replies. Join the discussion

iheartmybean,

Many amazing Ladies on this site have successfully followed a natural protocol along with some conventional to rid the HPV virus. Preserving your ability to have children is so important and following a natural protocol will hopefully allow you to do that. You are correct, continually cutting out cells does not rid the virus, only your immune system can do that and boosting it will enable that to happen.

Check out Antiviral, Ash24, Grachella, Livelylundy, Hopeful08 to name a few; inspiring examples of how this can be done. Hopefully, they will post comments, so you can glean directly from their personal experiences.

Keep up the healthy living, eat lots of greens, exercise and most importantly, stay positive!!
Beach1

I did and do the vitamins, good nutrition, exercise etc. In addition to this, I had a leep for CIN II and III plus I took and still take Beta Mannon. I am HPV negative now. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

What is Beta Mannon?

Hello ladies. I'm new to this site and was diagnosed with HPV about 2yrs ago. Is there really a cure or do we just sit and wait for yet another abnormal pap. At this point I have paps every six months. Sometimes they come back normal and then other times they come back abnormal. My last one just came back mildly abnormal and showing high risk HPV changes. However no precancer cells were noted. I have a hard time with pills of any size or sort as I just can not swallow them. In regard to the vitamins and natural approach, can someone educate me a little on this. I do eat a good diet and plenty of greens. Any information on this shocking disease would be most helpful. Hoping we can all be there for each other and offer support and information. Also, I had a hysterectomy over 25hrs ago. They only removed the uterus however since then the ovaries have naturally dried up and I still have the cervix. Do they ever remove the cervix due to HPV? Thanks for sharing and listening.

Launa,

As mentioned above, only you or your immune system can really rid the virus. Cutting out only removes the damaged cells. Until you rid the virus you are not out of the woods.

Check out the posts of the ladies above who have successfully boosted their systems and are HPV free. If you cannot take pills, there are wonderful powders and drops for many of the supplements required to boost your system.

My personal fav is "Green Super Food" powder and it gives you the extra boost you need in addition to a diet of fresh greens and fruit. I too am following a natural protocol in hopes of ridding the virus that I've had for over a yr.

Be patient and remember, the older we get, ridding the virus can take longer, but many have done it like Cecille123 and so can you!

Stay positive and proactive!!
Beach1

iheartmybean - a leep for CIN II is pretty standard procedure, and shouldn't affect fertility. Taking supplements the supplements you mentioned also sounds like the smart way to go. I also am curious to hear about aloe vera -- is it taken as a pill?

And launa-- you should definitely continue to get checked despite the hysterectomy, as you retained your cervix. In cases where a hysterectomy is done for dysplasia or cervical cancer, the cervix is removed. And even then it is still important to contineu with follow up papas and hpv testing, as (rarely) dysplasia and cancer can occur vaginally as well.

Do not take high amounts of Vitamin A. No more than 400 mg of it a day. Any more than that is more than your body is suppose to have on a daily basis. However taking a multi vitamin that supports immune health can help. However eating right is the other half with exersise and keeping a positive mind. You should always ask a doctor before starting any vitamins tho. Everyone is different and you may already produce plenty of some stuff that's in the "one a day" type vitamins and end up with too much of some of the multitude of vitamins that are packed in those pills. Best wishes!

My docs tell me that there are but TWO responses to my HPV+ oral cancer (similar to your cervical cancer).
1.either medically sanctioned chemo/radiation and a chance to live
2.or certain death.
Now. if that were the case THEN one would understandably believe that longevity/survival statistics would confirm it. So, as I searched the internet for such confirmation, I have been surprised to find none, nada, not an iota of "evicence", even anecdotal, that such medical treatment, with all the debilitating side effects, has better results than no treatment at all. (Of course, HPV- oral cancer is different.) (And, perhaps HPV+ cervical cancer is different as well.)
So, eat clean foods, exercise and enjoy your moments.
Note: if I am wrong then please, please show me some data.

My docs tell me that there are but TWO responses to my HPV+ oral cancer (similar to your cervical cancer).
1.either medically sanctioned chemo/radiation and a chance to live
2.OR certain death.
Now. if that were the case then one would understandably believe that longevity/survival statistics would confirm it. So, as I searched the internet for such confirmation, I have been surprised to find none, nada, not an iota of "evicence", even anecdotal, that such medical treatment, with all the debilitating side effects, has better results than no treatment at all. (Of course, HPV- oral cancer is different.) (And, perhaps HPV+ cervical cancer is different as well.)
So, eat clean foods, exercise and enjoy your moments.
Note: if I am wrong then please, please show me some data.

I am taking the natural route.. I have CIN 1 and this and other stages can be turned around. I bought a book called Women's encyclopedia of natural medicine. Follow the plan that is right for your case. Vit. C, Beta Carotene, Green tea caps, and folic acid, in my case.

Exercise, eat right! Our bodies can heal themselves naturally :)

That is so true...follow up with paps every 6 months with a hysterectomy. I thought I got rid of it but just 2 months ago went to gyno for something else and he asked me if I had a papsmear since my hysterectomy and I told him no. Well he said since u have HPV it stays with u for life and u need 1. I'm glad he did it it was high for precancerous cells on vaginal wall. My gyno that did the hysterectomy didn't tell me to come back!!! I had biopsies of vaginal walls and it was low so we wait and go in april to have them again. I also take a multivitamin, D3 because i'm real low and a lot of women are, calcium, and fish oil.

I was diagnosed with cin 2 in 2004 and in early 2005 had cryotherapy. I didn't have insurance for a long period of time to properly follow up but for the paps I did have they were always abnormal but I was unable to pay for the colpos to see how bad things could have gotten. In February of this year I had a pap which came back abnormal. I then had a colposcopy with biopsy which came back CIN 3. I was referred to a gyn/oncologist who agreed with my gynecologist that I could either do the leep or cold knife cone. The cold knife cone was done and the results came back that there was still dysplasia in the margins, therefore there was likely dysplasia in the cervix. I was scheduled for another cone weeks later. I was told that if that did not work, a hysterectomy would be necessary. I asked about nutrition as a means to reverse the dysplasia; that idea was not entertained as surgery seemed to be the only option in their minds. Also, being so much of my cervix would have been removed by the second cone, had I decided to have children, I would of needed a surgical stitch to prevent pre-term delivery. I had stopped smoking in 2006 as that contributes to the dysplasia, or at least contributes to the inability to reverse it. But my diet still was always poor. So I read numerous stories of women who used nutrition to overcome their diagnosis of CIN 3 and decided to cancel my surgery and give myself a few months to see what nutrition and vitamins could do. I started taking a drink called green goodness with plenty of vegetables and fruit, had a serving everyday. Incorporated leafy greens into my diet daily, and various fruits and veggies, particularly blueberries. I had total cereal as it is highly fortified. I had a multi vitamin and used additional supplements of the vitamin b's as theyre water soluble and are not stored (fat soluble vitamins such as A and E have to monitored more carefully). I ordered DIM and took 3 daily which is specifically for cervical health. And I also took 1000 mcgs daily of folic acid and 1000mgs daily of vitamin C. I had a pap this December and it came back CIN 1. I had to stop taking the DIM in october as I found out I was pregnant but I will resume the DIM as soon as I give birth. I cannot speak for everyone but I can say that I truly believe that nutrition and supplements play a key role in how well your body can fight this disease. I am so glad I did not get the second surgery as I would be a high risk pregnancy right now. This ordeal scared me to death, and your doctors will try to push for surgery, but for me - I'm glad I gave my body a chance to do what God intended it to do. Heal itself. This is just my story and everyone has to make the decision that's best for them; I just wanted to share my experience and let you ladies know there is an alternative to surgery and there is hope. Best of luck!

CL2011,

I am so happy for you! Keep up the healthy natural habits!

Blondee23,
Thank you! You keep up the healthy habits as well...yes CIN 1 as well as other stages can be reversed and I cant wait to hear your story soon on how you've beat this 100%! :) keep us posted...

Thank you so much for posting your story. I am so happy that you took matters into your own hands and your results are wonderful! I am doing the natural thing myself and I hope to see some progress in a few months.

How did everything go with your pregnancy? Did they monitor your cervical dysplasia during your pregnancy or were they worried at all that it might progress faster? My husband and I would like to start trying for our first baby soon. I've been doing research about dysplasia and pregnancy and some things I read said it gets worse since your immune system is lowered during pregnancy.

I had 10 treatments last summer aloong with all the other stuff that goes with it.. diet / lifelstlye change and vitamin regimen. I don't know if that's the route they will take with you bc I thnk they do the treatment for cin 3 sometimes 2 if its persistent.

Anyway.. my experience overalll was a positive one. Got rid of cin 3 and after tested negative for hpv and am now 9 months pregnant. The one thing I regret is not finding out which strain of hpv I had so that in case my dysplasia would ever return I would know if it was the old or a new strain.

Walking through my experience with the procedure it was extremly painful for me. The first like five procedures felt like I was on fire inside but got more tolerable as I proceded. The good thing is that each procedure only lasts like 10 min so once they wash off the solution I felt instant relief and within an hour felt immediately better. I would take all the pain again if I had to do it over to me it was worth it. Btw it gets pretty expensive. Good luck. I'm not sure if everyones experience was the same as mine. I think my dysplasia was so bad that's whyy my body reacted that way. I just thought to myself during the pain that it was the hpv dying and that's how I got through it. Hope you get other responses

Sorry posted on the wrong one.. this ones about the escharotic treatment

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders