Cone Biopsy & Post-Op Infection

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has had an infection after the cone biopsy surgery. I had my cone done on June 4th and went in for a post-op check up on June 8th, well my gyn just called me yesterday and said that I have an infection. She said that it is really common. I was put on an antibiotic immediately after the cone (I guess it didn't help though). She has put me on another antibiotic that she feels will clear this up. My biopsy confirmed that I have adenocarcinoma in situ and I have been told that I need to have a hysterectomy (however it can't be done till I heal from the cone procedure). It is un-nerving to know that I have an infection up there too and will that delay my treatment. Has anyone else had an infection after their procedure? Is this common? If so, did it clear up fairly easily?

3 replies. Join the discussion

yes, I have twice so I think is very common.I gonna have my hsyterectomy this coming 29th of June and I'm worried about infection again.I hope everything come clean this time.

Hi,
I had a cone on the 26th April and had a fever for 3 days due to an infection. i also had antibiartics but It cleared up first round.
Im due to have a hysterectomy as well but I don't have a date yet. My Dr. wants to leave my ovaries intact.
good luck to you!
hope all goes well.
Joanne

Thank you. Good Luck to you too.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders