colpo/biopsy now uti

ok...yesterday I had a colpo and biopsy done, everything went ok and it was way less painful than I expected.
However, today I have symptoms of UTI. I had UTI before and know how it feels, and it feels exactly like that. It doesnt feel like cramping as the doc told me it could cramp for two days.

Anyone know if there is a connection between colpo/bio and UTI ?

8 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Andrea,

As far as UTI is concern, I had that before and you can cure yourself naturally by drinking coconut juice daily, drinking 1 glass of water every 2 hours, use an anti bacterial feminine wash such as with green tea and then wipe your vagina 2x a day with virgin coconut oil. Stay away from soda, alcohol, sweets and junk food. Hope I can help you with that.

I'm not sure if you can get a UTI from that but I once got one from a colonoscopy. It seems like a lot of things can cause UTI's. The main thing is get to the doctors for some antibiotics before it becomes unbearable.

thank you so much guys for your replies!
Today it seems to be better, perhaps its just the cervix that gives a simular pain as a UTI. I dont know...lol

Also had Uti,was given an antibiotic. Made things much better; however, not out of the woods yet. Still need a second COPO surgery, so hopefully I can put this all behind me.

Dear KM1038,

please let us know how you doing after surgery! And when is your surgery? I will praying for you!

Love Andrea

PS I have to have surgery too, but we need to wait for the results of the colpo / bio first

Strange, I was treated for a UTI one week before my Colpo. It didn't make any sense to me. Also, up to this point, I was eating really healthy food and exercising as often as I can. I don't understand why now all of these symptoms are coming up. Something else strange; They want to do a LEEP for me, but after reading all of the side effects, I feel like my doctors have kept me in the dark about some things and I am concerned as to where this is leading. Your thoughts?

Hey Andrea, thanks for the encouragement. I had one colpo and for some reason it was extremely painful for me. I was embarrassed. They said that it was inconclusive, so they wanted to either get another colpo or go in for a leep. She said she didn't think I would be able to mentally handle another colpo in office, so she suggested surgery to knock me out. I am nervous about this and don't know what I am going to do. It seems from what I am reading that what starts out as basic procedures mushroom into catastrophic side effects. I am trying to figure out how to minimize this? My sister was lucky; they used liquid nitrogen on her and she was on her way.

Dear KM1038,

I am also really new at all this!
I was very scared, but must say my doctor put me on 40mg of valiums and 800 mg ibuproven and it went ok.
As of now I havent gotten results back to see what the next step is.

I know one thing though.
If I would have concerns like you do,
A). I would fin another GYN and ask questions about all those things in the consultation
B). If those answers arent good enough I would get it done in the hospital so they will knock me out.

I know I am not much of help here, but I am not experienced much as of yet!

But I pray for you that God will guide you and take you to the right doctor or that the doctor you have will be more explanatory and give you better options that are less painful

Don't be ashamed even if you cry like a baby I did!

Love Andrea

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders