Vote on Cervical Cancer/HPV Color ???

OK, so at first, back in 1996 when we opened our doors at the NCCC, we came together and we were going to offer and create Purple the color for cervical cancer. However, we found out at the time that "Domestic Violence" had Purple as its color and did not wish to confuse that issue. We know Ovarian has been the color teal. By including the ovarian color of teal with cervical cancer, it has been a desire to make TEAL a color for ALL Gynecologic cancers. We have splashed the teal with some purple/lavender and have used that combination of lavender and teal for over a decade. We note that there was also a rainbow color for a short time and a bright electric orange color too. So a group of our NCCC members have come together and are asking the question; " What color should Cervical Cancer/HPV be??? The options for this review and a nationwide study we are doing will list the following options:

Purple
Orange
Teal (with white background)
Rainbow
Lavander/Teal

Doing this is pure grass-roots and no corporate colors or corporate push will create this color. This is by the NCCC a grass-roots 501 (c) 3 nonprofit. However, feel free to promote this contest we are having through the NCCC............

We will be taking a vote of our 6,000 NCCC members. We will take a vote here on this discussion thread, we will create a webpage so it can be voted on from Oct. 2008 through January, 2009. We will then tabulate the results in Feb. and release the information in early Feb. 2009!!!

So, here in this thread, reply if you like, just one time, and let us know what your color desire is out of the options listed. Or go to the NCCC website at: www.nccc-online.org

Tell your friends!!! Spread the word!!! VOTE!!!

Best regards,

Alan NCCC
www.nccc-online.org

Edited January 29, 2009 at 10:36 am

62 replies. Join the discussion

TEAL

Teal is nice.

Lavender or Teal are my vote.

Rainbow might misconstrue that now HPV is a homosexual/lesbian induced STD. They already have enough battles to fight.

Teal or Teal/Lavender. I agree that the link to other gyno cancers is good. (Orange is too shocking and unfeminine and I agree with the rainbow issues too).

Teal or teal/lavender

Lavender

Teal and lavender.. I agree with miltie regarding the other colours.

I like that teal ties it to other gynecological cancers, yet the lavender offsets it as being different.

not orange or rainbow! teal or lavender

From Alain's message:
By including the ovarian color of teal with cervical cancer, it has been a desire to make TEAL a color for ALL Gynecologic cancers.

I think that there is power in numbers -- why not link all gynecological cancers -- more presence, a more powerful lobby. More and more hopitals are establishing departments or centers for "gynecologic oncology" just like they once did for breast cancer.

Hey Alan -

My first vote would be for teal, as that is the established branded color and seems to be something that resonates within the Gynocological community.

Either that or a darker variation of pink, as that is the color of a healthy cervix...just a thought.

P

Teal

Lavender/teal

Lavender/Teal

From your host, the NCCC www.nccc-online.org , Thank you all. The feedback on this thread is an example of how the feedback has been that we have received over at the NCCC. Our SURVEY is going out to the NCCC's 5,000 members very soon and will be discussed at the upcoming NCCC meeting; So instead of this thread as part of the vote going forward, look for your NCCC newsletter SURVEY that will be going out very soon.

Best regards.

NCCC

Hi,
I did some looking and other sites are listing Teal with White as the color. Right now this is the only group using this color combination. I don't like the teal alone or teal with purple because both include sexual assaults/violations. Women need to know this is something they can get from any genital contact.

The groups for teal alone: Agoraphobia, Anxiety Disorder, Batten Disease, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Ectodermal Dysphasia, Food Allergies, Fragile X, Myasthenia Gravis, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Ovarian Cancer, Panic Disorder, Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Rape, Sexual Assault, & Substance Abuse

The group for Teal & Purple: Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault

We need to stand out and make sure we can be seen. I was caught by surprise on my annual visit and no other woman should!

Teal gets my vote.

I vote for Teal and White

My vote is for lavendar.

ALAN,NCCC

My vote is for SKY-BLUE (I know it wasn't listed) or LAVENDER it's soft and refreshing, hopeful and bright-

Ovarian Cancer has Teal, and Breast Cancer has Pink why can't cervical cancer have soft blue or lavender.

I think if you make the color teal you will be making a mistake- isn't the point to get people to notice Cervical Cancer for more awareness for hpv etc- not all gyn cancers (even though they are all important). If you make the color teal, no one will know it's for cervical cancer people will assume ovarian-

I sure don't mean to sound insensitive, but I don't think there's enough support groups & fundraisers out there for cervical, uterine, & ovarian cancers. Everything seems to focus on breast cancer. I think it would be very beneficial if the cervical, uterine, & ovarian groups come together.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders