Can the Mexico vaccine Mel-1 be used safely on immunocompromised patients?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if Mel 1 vaccine can be used safely on an immunocompromised person? Would it be effective? I live far away and it would take a lot of planning, time and money to go to Mexico. It's difficult to find information on the efficacy of the vaccine on people in my situation. Any info would be great. Thanks and god bless.

21 replies. Join the discussion

Hello! Idk if you understand Spanish but if you do, you might wanna check out this interview with Dr. Ricardo Rosales, on the Virolab website : http://www.virolabintl.com/ingles/index.php?option=com_content&view=article &id=13&Itemid=14
It's a bit lengthy (37 minutes) but at some point, around 20 something minutes into the clip, he speaks precisely about this issue that concerns you, regarding the effectiveness of the vaccine on people with a compromised immune system.. From what I understood, he basically explains that the vaccine might not be so successful in these cases because ultimately, the way the vaccine works is by aiding/stimulating a powerful response ( "awakening", so to speak, of the immune system which then takes care of the virus and eliminates it altogether with the subsequent damage caused by it. But in the case of people with REALLY weak immune systems (we're talking about people with AIDS, for instance, or people whose immune systems are so weakened that no vaccine, not just this anti-HPV one, would be able to do much to help and so on), the response and effect of vaccination might not be the one expected.. Now, idk, I'm obviously no doctor but the way he explained it, it kinda makes sense. But if I may make a suggestion here, I think the best thing for you to do (if you can) would be talk to the doctor himself or someone from his staff about this, they're in the best position to give you a right and clear answer to your questions. if you want, you can send me a friend request and I'll help you in whatever way I can, with the little info I have myself. I'm also trying to gather some money to go to Mexico (hopefully soon, although my financial situation isnt looking very good at the moment..) and get this vaccine.

Thank you so much for the info. I don't speak Spanish so it was a great help. I don't have a spleen but have received other prophylactic vaccines so I hope that this will work. Will definitely friend u. Thanks again :-)

I myself would not go to Mexico for any treatments. I have known folks who did, and it proved just a huge waste of the patient's and family's time, energy and money. Discuss this with your doctors here, especially an immunologist if you have one, and be totally open with them. A good doctor always welcomes a second or third opinion; and can also explain to you his reasons for recommendations. Do you take a relative or good friend with you to your appointments? Is it helpful to you to take notes?

Hello, Tabor! I'm just curios why you say that other people's trips to Mexico proved a waste of time and money?! You mean, the vaccine was no good after all or what? Or, what happened? Please, if you know more about this, share with us too cause I myself have tried to find out as much as possible these past few weeks about this doctor and his vaccine and truth is that there isnt much out there, except some articles and stuff in Spanish mostly and idk, I'd really like to know what's the deal here. COuld you please give more details about what happened, if you are comfortable with it, of course..

I am not comfortable going into too many details because this particular story was someone else's case and life. She wanted to try the treatment -- and they had money to go -- but it may have been too late in her cancer -- but the family did go. The treatment did not work. She returned home and died. If she had stayed home, might her energy have been saved so she could have enjoyed her last times in peace in their community? Might her American treatments have succeeded if continued during that time she spent in Mexico? No one can, of course, say. When she got home, she was too too sick to enjoy anyone or anything. And everyone was worn out from the stress of the trip; the patient from my perspective had been dragged down there with no benefit except that this lovely family could say they had "done everything." I have also just heard of others who "insisted on going to Mexico," but this is the case I know best personally.

Looking at the video, my Spanish is not up tp evaluating it. I would try to talk to someone from the staff with some specific questions about the hypotheses behind the treatment and supportive evidence -- and then ask my US drs to review the proposal.
I wd not go down there just based on my own evaluation, skeptical though I am.

I'm really sorry to hear about that person.. Thank you nonetheless for sharing this and I appologize for any inconvenience. I know a bit of Spanish, enough to understand what he's saying in that vid at least and from that and also from what I've read, apparently they say that the vaccine doesnt help much or at all if the cancer is advanced. At most it helps with cancer in situ (which is, I think, the earliest stage). Anyways, I've also read somewhere that even with precancerous lessions, there might still be chances that you wont fully clear the virus but just weaken it enough so as to not cause any problems anymore.. But ultimately who knows, right? I can fully understand how for some people this might be a last resort solution, and a lot of them go by the idea that nothing worse than cancer can happen, right? Ultimately I think you're right though, the best solution when and if needed, is to talk directly to someone from their staff and get all the information needed and then double check with one's physician.
thank you again and take care!

myyid68,

Glad to answer in case it might help. I agree, one cannot ask enough specific questions, taking notes, until one really understands enough to have confidence and subject the "new" treatment to another doctor's evaluations.
I know that sometimes I myself have not been critical enough or thought alternatives through as much as I might. It is good to be as self-aware as one can, to evaluate one's own emotions and motives. I accepted the initial treatment recommendations (here in US, local docs) because I was in a Big Hurry to get it "over with." Haha. It would not have hurt me to calm down more and seek some other opinions.

Not sure that wd have made any difference, but I wd have felt more in control if that is possible! I did have a lot of complications, permanent damages, due to a serious mistake from my well-recommended surgeon.

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, tabor.. Are you feeling better now though? That is, have you managed to somehow get the virus under control and not causing you trouble anymore? :(

Thanks for your kind response, myvid. For me, life is complicated by all the damage done by too much (needed) surgery, the radiation, and a chemo drug they no longer use.
But hey! I am alive, the sun is out, four bright cardinals are at our feeder....
Life while we have it is GOOD and gives us so many opportunities. Even flat on our backs in isolation, we have our minds. Even when we can barely speak, we have our attitudes and can practice all the good things of which a human being is uniquely capable -- generosity, patience, curiosity, expansion of awareness....

Thank you for hijacking a very specific post. I wasn't asking for your opinion regarding my own health decisions I was asking for information regarding a vaccine. I am sorry for what your friend went through but you are underestimating myself and polluting simple post that required an informative answer not an emotive answer. Whilst freedom of speech is a cornerstone of democracy it can sometimes hinder those searching for answers. Please post relevant info regarding the specific question that was clearly asked. I am not making any decisions based on fear, ignorance or lack of self awareness. I understand where your coming from please understand where I am coming from and that I require tangible answers not philosophical insights. Thank you for taking an interest tabor but please stick to the facts.

I was responding to myvid's question. You are one of the people on this, not the only one or the owner. I like your chosen name, sweetangel, and wish you the best.

Has anyone else had any success with the Mel-1 vaccine? Or knows anyone who has, or hasnt? I may consider going to get the vaccine if I can get more info about it, anything to save my cervix! I've had 2 leeps and now my oncologist wants to "watch and wait" but I may try the natural route that naturopathic doctors recommend with diet, supplements and escharotic treatment. I've found one girl on this website that had luck with the vaccine, but I'd like lots of success stories to make that trip! So if anyone can speak Spanish and can get in touch with the doctor in mexico that would be awesome! Please share what you find out, it would be much appreciated!

I'm not sure, but I thought I heard it doesn't work for people with HIV/AIDS. Don't quote me on that. If anyone knows, can they weigh in?

Hi girls,

Recently I heard that there's this vaccine that supposedly heals you from HPV. So I did research and last Monday I tried to contact these people. I couldn't reach the doctors or the lab that supplies the vaccine. I speak Spanish very well so I've read every single article out there and let me tell you it all sounds fishy to me. I contacted this girl who's inactive (bfly37) and she never responded my emails. People can create fake stories and fake profiles, unless there's a proof that these people are real then I won't buy it. Mexico isn't the best country to rely on...I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just being real.
I contacted this Doctor from Veracruz that sent me these articles in English so I could have a better Idea about the vaccine so I'll be posting them soon.

myyid68:
I just watched the video.
http://www.virolabintl.com/ingles/index.php?option=com_content&view=article &id=13&Itemid=14

Alright, this might be true but I'm not convinced yet. I'm gonna try to do more research.

Hey, Brianna! I do hope this works actually..:( but yea, if you can find out more, please post it here so we can all know for sure what's up with this. I'm confused about all these people who have went there though and got the vaccine and met the doctors and actually have had their virus and problems gone away. Just yesterday there was a lady from Canada who said she got the results back from her colposcopy and biopsy done months after she finished the vaccine and it all came back normal and she wont be needing a hysterectomy anymore.. Surely there MUST be some truth to this vaccine, I mean even the doctor said in his papers that 50% of the women he vaccinated eliminated the virus, while the others didnt so he was being honest saying that hey, for some it may work, for others it may not.

Try this nr 55860272 and email addresses lopconmar@yahoo.com.mx, rrosalesvirolab@gmail.com

Let me know if you can get through to anyone

BriannaC, friend Bfly36. Bfly37 is her old account that she lost. She got the new one Bfly36.

I've been doing a lot of research on this and talking to people who took this vaccine. Most have shown improvement. Two may need boosters. I think it is legit, but I want to wait until most people show good results before I fly to Mexico with my boyfriend.

myyid68: thanks for the info. I'll send some emails tonight and probably call on Monday.
I'll keep you updated.

WantToClear95: thanks I'll def. contact her.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders