Bloating After Leep?

I have always had a very flat tummy and since my LEEP I have been bloated similar to when I was still menstrating and would be bloated before my periods. I have been exercising and have not gained any weight and my Dr. said she never heard of this happening so I am posting here to see if anyone else had this. Thanks!

23 replies. Join the discussion

I wish somebody else replied to your question, because I have the same question. It's been over a week and I'm INCREDIBLY bloated, and I'm used to -- like you -- having a flat stomach. I can't even wear my regular jeans without feeling VERY uncomfortable. It's odd. I'm eating the same and walking every day. I have to wear a pair of jeans that I used to wear when I was twenty pounds heavier. I hope this goes away?

I too am experiencing severe bloating months after my leep. My doctor kinda just blew it off and said that it will pass. I’m curious if anyone knows what it could be.

had a cone biopsy last week and ive been very bloated feeling myself. but i have a uti so it could be my bladder hurting

I guess I am not the only one. I am still bloated months later and cannot seem to get an answer from my Dr. other than I shouldn't be. I can't fit in to my jeans either and have not really gained weight since I had it done, other than a pound or two...it just all seems to have landed in my belly.

Anyone else get an explanation?

The only difference is that now I am taking vitamins and DIM. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I weigh exactly the same except now my pants are tight in the belly. I've been popping rolaids and gas-x which I don't know if its actually helping any.

I have not changed anything in my diet or medications and have also been popping lots of GasX and it seems to help the feeling of being bloated...but not the actual bloating since my jeans still feel really tight in the belly too and I have not gained any weight either. It is so strange.

I've actually gained five pounds out of nowhere, along with it being painful to simply put a seatbelt over my stomach in the car. I'm worried this is permanent, that I'll always have this bloated stomach and have to wear big pants forever.

I too have the bloating -- feel like I look pregnant at times!! Hoping to try to run it all off...

It has been 4 months since my cone and I am very bloated too.

Do all of your Dr.'s say it isn't related to your procedures as mine has said?

I went to an gnyo/oncologist and he told me it was a coincidence. I'm going to ask my regular gyno when I see him next month.

Let me know what yours has to say since mine keeps saying it is just a coincidence as well. I have been size 2 my whole life and even after having two babies my tummy was not like this. I have been excercising and watching what I eat, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Very frustrating.

Hey -- my bloating and weight gain are gone, it's been four weeks since the procedure. It was very severe, too, so I'm very happy. Hope you all have this experience, too, of going back to normal!!

Wow...four weeks...that is great MMFM...it has been over four months for me...ughhhh!!!

Hang in there . . .

Thanks...I am trying...but none of my jeans are fitting and the ones I can squeeze in to I can't breath in! I have only gained like three pounds in the past three months...I don't get it!

i had a leep done on Monday and Wednesday became very bloated and gasy...can hardly button my pants..m healthy and workout and cant stand this feeling...hope it doesnt last too long.

wow...so weird. I have the same thing. I also am having trouble sleeping. I am due for my follow up on Wednesday. I am going to ask...My jeans are tight as well......

I have also been very bloated. It sucks. I feel like I'm on my period all the time or something. It got really bad one day when some of the discharge had a lot of blood (sorry for the t.m.i.) but that only lasted one day with the blood and then the bloating got better. This is just a shot inthe dark, but maybe the body thinks it is on it's cycle or something... I've read somewhere that bloating happens because the lining of the cervix is "shedding". And since our cervix is in the process of healing, maybe that has something to do with it. Like I said, that was just a shot in the dark though.

I just had a leep done last wednesday so its a week today ever since ive been super bloated and its the worst feeling ever.. i feel gross i have been having this dark black like sandyish discharge (sorry for info)..... so ur not alone i feel the same thing

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders