16 with HPV stage 2 cancerous cells

i'm 16 and found out that i have hpv and theres per-cancerous and there at a stage two i cant afford to get test done to see how deep in my skin or how far along it is so the doctor said all i can do is come back every 3 months and see if my body is fighting it off and i am wondering if i'm at a stage two already and have not had hpv that long what are my chances of getting cervical cancer?

15 replies. Join the discussion

10vsey, I am so sorry for you to be going thru this at this young of age. I was 19 when I found out that I had HPV. I would encourage you to talk to your parents and ask for help. If that is not an option please go to your local health department and seek treatment. They have funding for you to get treatment and also help you get some counseling to help understand what is going on with you and this virus. You have a road ahead of you that will take some wisdom and sound advise. Thanks for seeking answers on here and please keep us informed of how you are doing...

I am so sorry for you to be going thru this at this young of age, but its not what happens to but the how you deal with it , love yr self

10vsey,
I am sorry to hear that you are starting at such a young age (I know, same thing everyone else has said LOL). I was around 20 when I found out I have hpv. I burst into tears right there in the dr's office. I was mortified! I know that all dr's will tell you that it is an std but they will also tell you that it can be in you body for YEARS before becoming active. My family has a history of cervical cancer so I, personally, don't believe them when they tell me that it can't be passed from mother to child during delivery.

Anyway, definately contact your local health department. Most county health departments have a gynocologist or womens center just for things like this. If you dont have insurance and cannot afford to pay, they will usually bill on a sliding scale accoring to income.

Keep us updated!! Best of luck to you!! I hope you don't develope cervical cancer, especially so young.

Kim

Dear 10vsey:
It grieves my heart to hear of such a young woman having to go through this. Just know there are a lot of us on this site who are thinking & praying for your complete recovery.
I would talk to a school counselor or a female teacher you trust. They should be able to get you free state medical care since you are only 16.
10vsey, please keep us up to date on your health. We are here for you.

i'll be 17 in a month. well i went to the dct to get on bc. and had to get a pap. and almost 3 weeks later they finally called me and told me that my results came back abnormal that my dct. was on vaction so they couldnt call me earlier. i asked them on the phone what it meant and all they told me was i might have cancer. i was driving to my boyfriend (of almost 4 years) house when they called me well for about an hour after being there he knew something was wrong at first a kept saying nothing. than finally i broke into tears and told him i might have cancer cause i have hpv. i didnt want to tell him i thought he might leave me but all he did was wrap his arms around me and told me he loved me and i'd be fine. Hes been great. That whole night after he was online for hours looking up facts because he got so scared that he might lose me that it made him sick. and he took me to the docter to find out everything we already knew. And my doctor has told me my insurce wont cover a test where they put a microscope in me to check everything out bc i'm on kid care. And my family all knows except my moms family and my boyfriends family and alot of my friends so i have alot of support.

it sounds like you have an active hpv infection and your pap showed HGSIL (high grade squamous intraepithelial lesions). please keep in mind that this is dysplasia, and not cancer, and most dysplasia, particularly if it's CIN2, won't develop into cancer. of course, a pap is just a screening test, and a colposcopy (microscope) with biopsies are needed to determine a more certain diagnosis. it's to your advantage that you are young, and hopefully your body will clear off the hpv infection and the dysplasia. you may want to try to take steps to help your body fight this.....such as....don't smoke, dont use tampons, do use condoms, take DIM supplements or eat cruciferous vegetables which contain DIM, and, generally, take good care of your health. i don't know the answer to how to get the colposcopy covered by insurance, but i would suggest you do some investigating and/or have your parents or insurance company provide you with more info. you also may want to check out coverageforall.org to see if that provides you with more options. let us know how you're doing.

Sounds like you're only option is to improve your current health. Do you have enough money to buy some vitamins? Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Vitamin A and Fish Oil are the most important ones. You need to change your diet as well - drinks lots and lots of water, at least 8oz. a day, eat veggies and fruit, if you can ditch suagr and meat all together - at least until u have ur follow up(except fish, it has OMEGA 3s. If you eat a lot of salmon you probably don't need as much fish oil). Oh yes and most important don't drink or smoke, cancer and dysplasia thrive off those. Also use condoms non-lubricated when having sex, men's semen has sugar in it.
You should for sure tell your parents. I found out when I was 15 that I had HPV and didn't follow up on it properly b/c I didn't want them to know. Now I'm 23 at a stage 3 and it could have been prevented. Turns out my parents didn't judge me at all either (which is amazing considering who my parents are) and they have just been worried about getting my health in order.
Good luck sweetie, I'm here if you need someone to talk to!

well none of my family has money and i dont really have a chose to eat that healthy we get food stamps and what my mom buys is what we eat but i dont smoke drink or anything like that i'm very active i play softball all year around. So i'm extremely healthy i didnt want to tell my family either but my boyfriend made me lol and thank you

What are DIM supplements please? Where can I get them?
thank u.

How about if you tell your mom that you need to eat healthy to clear this.. I'm sure she would change the eating habits for ya...Lots of veggies and salmon ..

hula, DIM stands for Diindolylmethane and it's found naturally in cruciferous vegetables (such as brussel sprouts, kale, bok choy, broccoli, etc.) and DIM supplements are sold at stores that carry vitamins and other supplements. for more info on the clinical studies, here's a couple of websites to look at:
http://www.bioresponse.com/Home.asp
www.dimfaq.com

thats not much of a chose i'm never here and i have 2 younger brothers that live here to and i'm moving out as soon as possible but anyone here has alot of amazing advice

Follow the advise on following up and reseaching getting your tests covered-it may be a challanging but worth it for health and your piece of mind. I am glad your boyfriend is supportive, that will help alot.

Flowershoplady, thanks for the links about DIM I was ready to ask the same question. I was wondering if you have tried this exact product yourself? Also have you also tried other dim supplements as well? I would like to buy the supplements from a vita-shop locally so I can bypass ship time and get started on the product right away. any thoughts on other brands then bioresponse?

azmom, i've not take any DIM supplements; i have, though, increased my intake of vegetables which contain DIM. i prefer to try to get my nutrients via food, and supplements are expensive! i do take a really good multivitamin each day. there are other women on this message board who take lots of supplements, including DIM.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support NCCC

Help the National Cervical Cancer Coalition reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Discussion topics

Community leaders