Where does the time go?

It's almost the end of February! So many things still going on in my life. Husband's cancer recovery is better. He can now swallow liquids and semi-liquids. He will be having his throat stretched next month in hopes to keep it open going forward.

I am still looking for a job. Would love to process credit card applications from home. Found an ad for this while I was still working. Wish I had saved the information. This seems to be the only way I can make money for my family and be there for them at the same time.

It's been over a year now that my mother-in-law passed away. I've noticed the first year after you lose someone, you just feel numb and you're just going through the motions. My dad died in 2002 and to this day I cry every time I see a military funeral, hear Taps, or just see a military cemetary.

At least I can say my physical situations are doing failry well (Bipolar 2, Diabetes, Asthma, GERD, Psoriasis, IBS, and MVP). I actually caught myself the other day saying; "I am totally happy and content with the way my life is going right now and I don't waste time worrying about everything.

I know God contributed immensely to me having a happier life. I also know two books have helped me, The Bible and "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff...it's all small stuff." My daughter bought the Don't Sweat for Christmas and it's the best gift she's ever given me. It really put my life into the right perspective.

Best wishes in this new year for all who come to Inspire.

Edited February 21, 2013 at 10:52 am

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders