We have a position open with our engineering team at Inspire, and I'd like to share the job description with you in the event you know just the person we're looking for. We found our most recent new addition thanks to an Inspire member referral, and we're hoping we can do it again.
The position we're hiring for is "Infrastructure Engineering Specialist," which is a fancy way of describing someone who is a wizard when it comes to managing servers, networks and the like. We're looking for someone fantastic to help us manage and care for all of the systems which keep Inspire running.
This position is based in the Northern Virginia / Washington, DC area. If you know of someone who might be right for the position, please forward this to them. It's a huge help. Thank you!
Infrastructure Engineering Specialist for Health Social Network
Inspire (www.inspire.com), is looking for a talented infrastructure engineering specialist in the Washington, DC / Northern Virginia area to join our team. Our online communities, created in partnership more than 80 of the most respected national healthcare non-profits, help over 300,000 members find support when faced with serious medical conditions. If you want to be part of a team that helps people in a direct and tangible way, we want to meet you.
We’re looking for someone with extensive, hands-on Web infrastructure implementation and management experience for this unique position. Responsibilities include:
- Managing our networks (design, configuration, security)
- Hardware needs assessment, purchasing and deployment
- Hardware configuration, management and monitoring
- Planning for the growth of all aspects of our infrastructure
This position also includes opportunities to contribute to the development of the Inspire Web platform in an engineering capacity.
Desired skills and experience:
- Proven track record implementing and managing infrastructure for a company like ours
- Configuration, deployment and management of Linux servers, preferably Debian
- Network management -- design, implementation, operation, security
- Firewall design and management
- Intrusion detection systems
- Virtual machine technology, preferably Xen
- Fault tolerant architectures, including RAID, replication and failover
- In-depth knowledge of hardware ranging from networking to servers
- Automated server management and monitoring systems
- Experience with hosting facilities
- Enterprise backup systems
- Database administration (preferably MySQL)
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Talented, creative co-workers
This is a position in the Washington, DC / Northern Virginia area. To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Edited January 22, 2013 at 6:40 pm