Toxic relationship; scary, miserable, REMOVED!!

I'm a 26 year old woman now but from the time I was 4 until I was 12, I was molested on a regular basis by my brother who was seven years older than me.

Not only did he molest me but he treated me so cruelly in public. He tortured me relentlessly and made me feel worthless.

This past November 15 I finally found the courage to send an email to him speaking of what he had done to me and the horrible suffering and impact it had on my life. I even attached a poem i had wrote about my young life. At one point it was so bad I wanted to die. The only reason I didn't kill myself was because of my mother.

Well he has still yet to respond to my email or the poem so his silence just admits his guilt. So on January 2, I text him to tell him his lack of response shows he doesn't care about the suffering he caused me so I will no longer be a part of his life or his family's. He has lost a sister.

I feel so free and empowered by my actions but I realize what happened to me won't just disappear with those positive moves. I know this is something I'll continue to work at using these events to push me to greatness!! But I feel I am on my way!

:) Jenny

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders