Reality Isn't Pretty

I hope no one is offended when I make this statement, but here goes...I really believe the Word/Faith movement has spread so much heresy about health and wealth, that Christians that believe their message cannot deal with REALITY! Yes God is All-Powerful and He does wonders for us...but the cold truth is people of faith SUFFER just like EVERYONE else. (The rain falls on the just AND the UNJUST) Good people get sick, get shot, come back from wars with PTSD, and die in car accidents. Chaplains deal with REALITY every day, while the average Pastor may deal with 2 or 3 deaths a year. I do 2 to 3 funerals a month, I sit with grieving people every day. So when a Pastor strolls into the Trauma Unit waiting room quoting "By His stripes we are healed" when I know the patient has coded TWICE and can't breath on his own I have to help the family deal with reality and reality aint always pretty. Even through Jesus is the King of Kings, He still allowed his cousin John The Baptist to die in Jail, He didn't call down fire on Herod's family...but he did say "John was the Greatest of the Prophets"

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders