Oh my nerves!

I'm having one of those mornings where I feel like I drank a pot of coffee. Is this what trauma can do to you? I have a hard time understanding why I feel this awful when there is nothing going on to cause it right now. I even have a hard time typing, it's so hard to concentrate, all I want to do is relax and have a clear mind. Sometimes if I totally forget myself I can get it to stop, like watching something really good on the TV or doing some artwork but if I get interrupted I'm so irritated. I hate it. Then I feel bad about myself, especially if it's at my kids or sig other. I feel exhausted at the same time. I hate feeling like I need to run yet I'm too exhausted to do much at the same time. I remember feeling like this when I used to have terrible pain attacks when I would lay on my bed and shake for hours, feeling sick inside. I suppose this is really the same thing, I just don't lie in bed anymore because I can't. Maybe I should be thankful that I can't. Anybody else ever feel this way?

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders