My PNES (Non-Epileptic Seizure) Update from 2009 to now (2013)

In November of 2009, I had a surgery to have a number of fibroids removed. In February of 2010, I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and from then on, my life has changed in a way that I never could imagine. I was traveling with my job as a technical support technician, as well as traveling the world taking vacations that I never would have guessed I would be able to. I was enjoying life to the fullest. Then one day, I passed out. I thought that maybe my body was just tired or something, however, this wasn't the case. I went from passing out to passing out and having seizures. I basically lost everything, EXCEPT my life. The motor vehicle department has taken my driver's license, I have had to sell one car and return my other car, lost my job, tried to commit suicide a few times and have not been able to work due to so many medical issues/diagnosis. I have had to sell just about everything that I owned just to pay bills, as over time, my long term disability finances were depleted and I now have no income. I was finally approved for Medicaid in 2013.. but only for like March and April of 2012 and I think November and December of 2012… also starting January 2013 and so on. Social Security has denied me several times due to my age and education. It's just been like a down hill journey. I have been to all kinds of doctors and still have no exact answers as to what the seizures are coming. I am now being treated for major depression disorder, celiac disease, non-epileptic seizures, amongst a few. I currently take 7 pills in the morning and 4 at night for my health issues (Keppra, Lamictol, Effexor, Raditine, Propanalol). I never would have guessed that I would end up in this condition being so young, because I have 2 college degrees and was striving to the top.

Don't Take Life 4 Granted because life could change at any time... #DTL4G

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders