E-Cigatette

I've been a smoker for more than 2/3 of my life. I'm not even sure that I WANT to quit, I'm Certain that I Need to though. I have to say, this is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I've been trying for a year now, and although I've cut Way back.... I have not quit completely.

The funny (maybe not funny, maybe ironic) thing is, I quit alcohol, cocaine, mescaline, all on my own. I just woke up one day, after a decade of coke and said "no more" and I was done. That was 12 years ago.

At one point, I was spending almost $400 a week on drugs n alcohol. But, I just didn't care. Today, I care.

So, back to the point. I've been through enough school, and substances, that I know someone who drinks 10 beers a day suddenly stopping can kill them. Cigarettes are no different. Quitting cold turkey, for a two to three pack a day smoker can cause a stroke or heart attack.

When I decided to quit, last year, I was almost 3 packs of full flavor cigarettes a day. My doctor advised nicotine replacement, to keep me out of the hospital. Well, this isn't the first time I've tried to quit, and I can't use a patch.... Psoriasis really does not appreciate it. I will not chew the gum, it tastes worse than a cigarette. So,the New E-Cig fad was my option.

It seems to be working. I found the right one. I get the nicotine I crave. I have the hand to mouth habit covered, and, it actually makes cigarettes taste like poo! I'm down to less than a pack a day, and I put off buying a pack until I can't stand it anymore. I went from making sure I have an extra pack of cigarettes, to making sure I have a good E-Cig, so that I can be leas stressed over running out.
Just thought I'd share my experience with this new contraption.

Have An Awesome Day
Billie

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders