Bipolar, Anxiety, PTSD and no medication

Wow. The fact that my family is still in one piece is amazing. I suffer from bipolar disorder and social phobia/anxiety. I have a 5-year-old who has been sick for 3 weeks, and new born who has been in the NICU for 6+ weeks, and my insurance expired about the same time all my medications ran out! I'm having panic attacks and emotional breakdowns on a daily basis. My mood swings are raging worse than the usual roller coaster. I'm manic, angry, pacing the house/hospital, and screaming about hospital staff one minute and crying and swearing I can't survive this the next. My poor daughter probably thinks I'm crazy. I know my husband does. What complicates everything more is my husband is a soldier suffering from PTSD and depression and he refuses to get help for either condition, so he's not able to offer a lot of emotional support! Man, I thought the circus was crazy.

Luckily I should be able to get my paperwork in order to get my insurance back up. By the end of the week I will hopefully be medicated again. Not having family live anywhere near us there isn't a lot of support, physical or emotional. My medications are the only solid stability our family has right now. And with all the extra stress we're all under I need to be able to offer my daughter some kind of stability. 'Deep sigh' we'll get through this.

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders