Bi-polar daughter angry

My 16 year old daughter is in the hospital. She doesn't want to see me now because she's angry that she is there. But I had no choice. Do I stay away? Or do I still go just so she knows I'm still here for her? I don't know what to do. She also called her father and he tried to take her out of the hospital. He is also bipolar as is his mother. He tells her she's fine without meds and doctors and wants her to come live with him. But if she does I know she won't get the help she needs. He has been a part time father, she goes to dinner with him about once a month right now but they have gone a year without speaking in the past. I know he wouldn't take her to her dr app.s and would keep her off meds. But she will be 17 in 3 months and if she wants to go I can't stop her. I don't know what to do. Even if she does go I know it wouldn't last. They are so much alike and fight a lot. Should I let her go and just wait patiently for her to come home? Or should I try talking to a lawyer to keep her away from her dad? I just don't feel right about keeping her from him. Good or bad he is still her dad.

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders