school conflict

Who can I get to help me. My daughter principle dislikes her and is trying to get rid of her at school. I have talk to the Superintendent. And no help there either because the principle is female. I don't know who else can help me. My daughter is not bad she has a mental problem and taking medication for the disorders she are diagnosed with.

11 replies. Join the discussion

If you can get proof of mental disabilty. I would contac a lawyer. People with mental disabilty have laws that protect them for things like this. It's worth 40 50 $ to talk to a lawyer for these things..Chris

I have talk that severals lawyer and I would have to. Pay 1500 dollars before one will take the case. I am a single parent easing two kids. I can't afford that.

I agree get a lawyer and document everything that goes on at school. The school can't get rid of you based on the fact the principal feels the way she does...

I have been doing that already.

See if you can find a lawyer that won't charge unless you win the case

I am still looking, but so far I haven't found one.

Look for a special needs advocate often they can calm the storm, is your child a regional center client? they often have people who help also Call your State education department and ask for the Special education division tell them your story.

She in life help but the principle not letting them do there job.

I don't know where you live, but here in Chicago there are not-for-profit law centers, like Equip for Equality, who represent people in cases like this for free. If you are not in Illinois, you might call your state's bar association and ask about similar law centers in your state.

Hey, im from Mississippi and thanks for telling me that.

Thanks everyone, I found someone to help me.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders