My boyfriend left me..

My boyfriend whom I'm living with just broke up with me. He suffers from anger issues and has been verbally abusive towards me and I believe an undiagnosed bi-polar. We've had our ups and down and while I know his actions were not right, I tried to help because I believed it was a mental state and he just needed to be diagnosed, I am very depressed, and scared. I'm currently laying in bed (him by me) because we just broke up tonight and I don't know where to start. Moving out of our rental is going to be devastating. I'm just looking for support...I lost the man I love.

2 replies. Join the discussion

Hi Shellylynn,
I do share your pain on alot of what you are going through. I have been in a relationship with a person with mental illness and tried to make it work and it was extremely painful. I am facing moving with few options of where and how and that is scary, too.
I know you have alot to deal with and face. I'll just say that at the end of my relationship, as painful as it was for a long time, there was a small part of me that realized I had more control of my life and it was for the best for my mental and physical health.
Wrk

Wrk,

Thank you for the support. I wish you the best with your move, things will be alright. You're right though about feeling more in control of your life, I would agree there. It's nice to know you're never really alone and complete strangers care. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders