Geodon? has anyone tried it

hi im a 31 year old female whose suffered from anxiety..depression and bipolar..i just started Geodon last night....has anyone had any positive results to this medication?

4 replies. Join the discussion

My husband is on Geoedon. When it was first prescribed we had never heard of it, but he has been on it for a year now and has had good results. It took a little while to begin working, but it did make a difference in his depression, which prozac and paxil never helped. He 42, suffers from severe anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder. He also takes Xanax as needed. I do believe he needs something in addition to Geoedon, but it certainly has made him more stable.

Hi I am new here,

Just thought I would say I am taking Geodon I took it for 4 years and then when I was getting into my mixed states, see I am bipolar 1 mixed states rapid cycler they started me back on it I believe I am on it for the irritability I have when in a mixed state I get very sensitive to what people say and get cranky very light to say for what I feel.

I am having success with it to answer your question it has made me calmer and I don't get too upset and am not as sensitive anymore, it did take about 2 weeks to work but it does help a lot, it is prescribed for many different reasons I here anyways.

Hope it is working for you

Peace

I have been on Geodon for about 12 years now. I am no longer manic and it helps keep me from being irritable. I have not gained weight on it either like some bipolar meds pack on the pounds. It has been very helpful for me. Just don't skip a dose, take the meds exactly as prescribed.

Hope it helps your hubby.

Blessings,

Kay

Hi I agree with ((KAY)) I do not ever miss a dose and it has helped me with my anger issues and it has put no weight on me either a really good med for me even though we are all different I have spoken to a lot of people whom have success rates on it.

Good luck jan
peace

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support Mental Health America

Help Mental Health America reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to  Mental Health America

Discussion topics

Resources from Mental Health America

Mental Health America 2013 Annual Conference on Wellness

Receive e-mail news from MHA

Community leaders