LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT DISORDER IS NOT LUPUS!

MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I HAVE LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT DISORDER. HE SAID I DO NOT HAVE LUPUS. TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. I AM CLEARING THIS UP.

SOME PEOPLE WITH LUPUS HAVE LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT. BUT IF YOU HAVE THE LUPUS COAGULANT DISORDER, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE LUPUS.

LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT WAS NAMED WRONG, MY DOCTOR SAID. IT IS A BLOOD DISORDER (THICK BLOOD) DUE TO AN AUTO IMMUNE RESPONSE, WHICH THEY STILL DONT SEEM TO KNOW MUCH ABOUT. THEY SHOULD SPEND MORE TIME CURING BLOOD DISORDERS. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THEM.

I TAKE COUMADIN FOR LIFE BECAUSE I HAVE LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT DISORDER. AND BELIEVE ME, I HATE TAKING IT, BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVENT INVENTED AN ALTERNATE TREATMENT, I , I LIKE SO MANY OTHERS ARE FORCED TO TAKE COUMADIN(WARFARIN) FOR LIFE. IT HAS SO MANY RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. AND IT MAKES ME TIRED AND GAIN WEIGHT AND ACHEY JOINTS. AND MY LEGS SWELL AND I HAVE BLOOD POOLING IN MY LEGS, CAUSING THEM TO LOOK RED OR TAN FRECKLED LOOK FROM THE CALF DOWN TO MY TOES. BLACKISH BLUISH FEET AND TOES.

I WENT 61 YEARS BEFORE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT DISORDER. I HAD GONE TO ER WITH SHORTNESS OF BREATH AND THEY FOUND 2 SMALL CLOTS IN MY LUNGS. THEN THEY TESTED ME FOR ABOUT 300 THINGS AND ONLY FOUND LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT. ITS A SPECIAL BLOOD TEST DONE WITH VYPER VENOM. AND ITS DONE ATLEAST TWICE TO CONFIRM THE DIAGNOSIS OVER A PERIOD OF MONTHS.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE JUST THE LUPUS ANTICOGULANT DISORDER AND NOT LUPUS?
PLEASE WRITE ME IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS SIMILAR TO MINE. I THINK IT MAY BE HEREDITARY AND I WANT MY GROWN CHILDREN TO BE TESTED FOR IT.

41 replies. Join the discussion

Hello how are you Calijoann? In 1997 I was rushed to the hospital after passing out just to be told I have clots in both lungs. The Dr. said if I did not come in when I did I would have died in a matter of a couple of hours; I was 23 years old. I did a 6 month therapy of coumadin and was in the clear SO I WAS TOLD! 11 years later, my then 7 year old daughter found me passed out in the hallway and ran to a neighbor's. Again I had clots in my lungs. My PCP sent me to an oncologist who diagnosed me with Lupus Anticoagulant @ 34 years old. I took a 18 month coumadin therapy and was MISERABLE! I gained 30 pounds, had memory loss, achy joints and my knees; don't let me start on my knees! I cannot squat anymore. Even though I am not on coumadin anymore, I still have to see my Oncologist every 6 months so he can check my D-Diamon(I think that's how you spell it). I went 2 months ago and it was good! THANK YOU GOD! But I still suffer from having LA; as we speak I am blotted/swollen all over BAD (which adds 10 extra lbs) and when this happen my bones ache. I still have slight memory loss, still cannot squat. I too take LOT of supplements to keep me from clotting so fast. They consist of Omega 3-6-9, Glucosamine, Joint supplements and I am going to try some of that Cayenne (capsicum) I read about today. Oh and FYI I did lose those 30 lbs when I got off the coumadin. Even though my Dr. and Oncologist told me coumadin had nothing to do w/my weight gain. And it upsets me so when a Dr tells me how I am feeling is not because of a med(s) I am taking and I know they are what is making me feel this way. Oh and another thing coumadin/warfin is nothing but RAT Poison anyway, that's another reason why we have the symptoms we do while on coumadin. But they are not going to tell us that are they!

So I hope all goes well with you ok, take it easy and I will pray for your strength and recovery.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders